Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP 5.3 Configuration: Support - Contact Information

patrick_weyers
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

In CUP configuration, you can configure Support. Besides the HTML support page, it is possible to maintain a "system administrator", an "email address", and a "phone number".

Where will these attributes be used? How and in what cases will they be presented to the end user?

Thanks and regards

Patrick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Patrick,

There is an option to configure escalation "Forward to Administrator" for Stages. So after defined time of requests waiting for approving, requests will be forwarder to Administrator.

It is only usage i know.

But Phone number?...maybe GRC will call you at night when it feels lonely.

Or it can be used as variable in support page? Unfortunately it is not documented or i did not find it.

Regards

Pavel

patrick_weyers
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, Pavel!

I had never used escalation to Administrator and always assumed this would be sent to the Security Lead (who, in our scenario, is the administrator).

Let me test this and analyze if I experience an increase in unsolicited calls at nighttime.

Cheers

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is an option to configure escalation "Forward to Administrator" for Stages.

I think this is not correct. The administrator that you are configuring in the support page is no where related to the stages.

Are you sure on this option???

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raghu,

please, check configuration guide (CUP 5.3), chapter Stages:

"Forward to Administrator: If the approver fails to respond within the allotted time,

Compliant User Provisioning forwards the request to the administrator. The

administratoru2019s information must be maintained on the Configuration Support screen

for this option to work."

And it works in our scenario.

Regards

Pavel

Edited by: Pavel Korpos on Aug 10, 2011 4:54 PM - Added quotation from guide

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

It is not possible to maintain this information directly from the options available.

Regards,

Raghu

patrick_weyers
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Thanks for your response!

I am not sure I understand your answer.

I already maintained some data on the screen CUP -> Configuration -> Support > Contact Information. I provided name, email, and phone number.

The question is: Why did I do this? Who will see this information?

Thanks

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

I can understand your question correctly. The support information is supposed to be used along with the support page that you upload. But, when you upload an html page, it is hiding the support (system administrator) information.

Please refer SAP Note 1440434 - Support Page in CUP application

I infer this should be corrected in the later releases.

Regards,

Raghu

patrick_weyers
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Raghu,

Thanks for the hint.

Although it is worth noting that if you restore the custom support HTML page to the standard page, it is not showing the "contact information" provided. Instead, it is showing the standard text:

"Technical Support: To report technical issues for Compliant User Provisioning, create a Support Message in the SAP Support Portal under the following component: GRC-SAE (S-User access is required) "

This is obviously not very helpful for an end user.

Cheers

Patrick