cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add java development component into web dynpro ear ?

Steven_UM
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I developed a couple of webdynpro components and those are working fine. As I found out that I had some common functionality ( for example tablesorter class) in there I decided to get that into a common java component that would be "used" by my other webdynpro components.

Also that works fine as I have build a java component with corresponding public interfaces, attached the java component to the webdynpro components, uses the java classes in there, I can build the webdynpro components without any issues, ...

But what is not working is that at runtime the java classes cannot be find - I understand the reason why because the java component is not yet deployed on the j2ee engine ... so I have been hopelessly trying to get the webdynpro ear's including the java component jar file but it simply will not put it in there ...

I added the jar file to the projects properties "libraries" and marked the export checkbox but nothing happens ....

Any suggestions ?

Thanks,

Steven

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you could try creating a dc with the type External Library.

You can put any .jar files in the /libraries directory and in the Navigator view, select "Development Component"->Add to public part.

Deploy the DC, and add it to your "Used DC's" in the WD-projects.

/Mikael