Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inter company posting in employee expenses

shanid_mp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are getting below error while transferring to FI.

"No vendor found for this selection".

Travel expense have been created with WBS element which is in company code - 1200 and employee Organizational assignment in HR master data is for company code 1100. Employee vendor has been created only for 1100. Client do not want create a employee vendor in company code 1200.

Is there any way to post inter company document in Travel management like below entry?

Exp A/c (WBS element) Dr, Co code 1200

Vendor A/c Cr, Co code 1100

Regards

SM

Edited by: shanumonu on Aug 10, 2011 11:32 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

shanid_mp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Issue solved by deactivating "set company code" in in table V_T706K.

0 Kudos

Check that you have *KP set for the search help KREDP > searching vendors according to employee number.

The employee number must be maintained on the vendor masterdata.

Check it here in the IMG 'Assignment from symb. accounts to G/L accounts', make sure you do not use the search help K but the search help P, this means, you maintain the personal vendor like this: for example 1RR *KP.

The vendor per employee number MUST be unique.

shanid_mp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sally,

Thanks for your reply. I think you have mentioned about transaction key HRP (Customer/vendor trip costs postings) in T.code PRT3. This is already maintained as 1RR *KP.

As per the error (no vendor found for this selection) system is looking for Vendor in Co code 1200, but we do want to create vendor in co code 1200.

Since we have activated flag "set expense company code" in table V_T706K, company code for the symbolic account will be taken from the expense postings, how we can differentiate the company code for Vendor?

Regards

SM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you extend you vendor to new company code ?

check below link (without BAPI)

I hope it would serve your purpose..

Regards,

Muhammad Umer

shanid_mp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry it is my mistake.

We do not want to create vendor in company code 1200.

Is it possible to post a Cross company code posting (entry mentioned above) in Travel management?

Regards

SM

0 Kudos

Hi there

Cross company postings using the standard FI cross company clearing accounts (which is also the way we do it in the travel management) is only possible for company codes in the same country and forming an integrated company liable to sales tax.

In all other cases the scenario should be handled by posting the travel expenses to sales orders situated in the vendor's company code and invoice creation for the other company code responsible for the expenses.

So ideally it should be done across one tax schema and the standard behaviour when posting cross-company is, that all

the tax is calculated in and posted to the leading company code - so this company code is the company code of the vendor.

Moreover the functionality in FI splits the document per company code by creating the clearing accounts 1 per tax code, which also requires the clearing accounts to be posted with tax.

Hope this helps

Sally

shanid_mp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Company codes are in same country, if inter company posting can be made in TM, how I need to derive the Vendor from 1100 company code for crediting Vendor?

shanid_mp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anyone on this, please help to resolve this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to add a bit in this. Not sure whether that will resolve your issue.

See employee will have a cost centre assigned to him/her. All trip costs are on that cost centre. That Cost Centre is linked with a Profit Centre which is linked to a Company Code. Now if you select a cost centre which is from a different Company Code things get disturbed.

I would suggest that while you post, open all the columns and see whether the problem lies with the Profit Centre. If this is the case then you have to assign all your Profit Centres to all the Company Codes

Hope that helps

shanid_mp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies.

I got the solution for posting the cross company code transaction in Travel management by deactivating "set company code" in in table V_T706K.

If this option is not ticked for expense GL account it will pick the company code from corresponding cost assignment and for offsetting entries (like vendor, tax) will consider the company code from employee master data.

But the problem is Tax code line item should post in the company code corresponding to expense account, any idea how to restrict the company code for this?

Thanks for your co-operation.

Regards

SM