cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling a method of Another webdynpro Component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created 2 WDC and WDC1 and WDC2... In WDC1 i am using WDC2 as popup window. Its creating the popup window its not processing the metods of WDC2. I kept the break points in WDC2 methods but its not triggering.. So please let me know how can I process those methods.

Thanks in advance....

Thanks,

Hari

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry.. Its mistakenly marked as Answered....this thread is not closed.

Edited by: harikrishna chittumalla on Aug 10, 2011 5:03 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please try to place the breakpoint in WDDOINIT method. Since you are saying that the pop up is appearing, WDDOINIT method has to get called.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your information is not clear and incomplete as well.

What and when you expect the wdc-2 method to be called ? What have you done so far to do that?. You may expect something which is not programmed to do so.

Please explain the scenario and your logic and expectation, then we may be able to assist you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskaran,

My WDC1 have 3 buttons save... exit.. and Publish...

When I press Publish button the WDC2 should open a in window...

WDC2 ( Cascading of Goals-- PMS module HAP_CASC_GOAL I copied and created a Z component to use this as popup and I have created a component usage and given create window. ) have one List box with three different values and based on the dropdown selection it will display the employee list...

When I am pressing on Publish button The popup is coming with Drop down but when I am selecting the employee list is not coming... And try to debug the code its going into init() method after that its coming out of the component.

DATA lo_window_manager TYPE REF TO if_wd_window_manager.

DATA lo_api_component TYPE REF TO if_wd_component.

DATA lo_window TYPE REF TO if_wd_window.

lo_api_component = wd_this->wd_get_api( ).

lo_window_manager = lo_api_component->get_window_manager( ).

lo_window = lo_window_manager->create_window_for_cmp_usage(

interface_view_name = 'WDW_MAIN'

component_usage_name = 'ZCASC_GOAL'

title = 'pubish'

close_in_any_case = abap_true

message_display_mode = if_wd_window=>co_msg_display_mode_selected

).

lo_window->open( ).

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have closed this thread. Please update the status and solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Hari,

The requirement is not clear. My understanding from your post is

1. WDC2 (PopUp window) is called from WDC1 (Parent Window).

2. You have written some method on the load of WDC2, which is not called when the popup window is called from WDC1.

Is my understanding right?

Regards,

Ganesh N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harikrishna,

You ahve to use create_window_for_cmp_usage method.

DATA lo_window_manager TYPE REF TO if_wd_window_manager.
DATA lo_api_component  TYPE REF TO if_wd_component.
DATA lo_window         TYPE REF TO if_wd_window.

lo_api_component  = wd_this->wd_get_api( ).
lo_window_manager = lo_api_component->get_window_manager( ).
lo_window         = lo_window_manager->create_window_for_cmp_usage(
                   interface_view_name    = 'VIEW'
                   component_usage_name   = 'CMP'
                   title                  = 'Comp Usage'
*                  close_in_any_case      = abap_true
                   message_display_mode   = if_wd_window=>co_msg_display_mode_selected
                   ).

lo_window->open( ).

Please check this...

Cheers,

Kris.

saravanan_narayanan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello HariKrishna,

In which method did you set breakpoint? Ideally it will process the methods of wdc2. could you ensure that you dont have more than 5 SAP gui sessions open. Because for debugging it will try to open one SAP gui session. If you have already opened 6 sessions then it wont open the debudding session.

BR, Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks saraa_n,

I kept break point in each method as WDC2 and there is obly one GUI session is opened...

Still its not all triggering the breakpoint... and methods are not processing Just WDC2 is coming as a pop up

saravanan_narayanan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Harikrishna,

this is really strange... could you ensure the following

1. you have set the breakpoint for the same user with which you are launching the application. Ideally if you set a breakpoint, you will get a message saying 'external point set for so an so user. this username should be same as the one with which you are launching your application

2. check whether you have TCODE SRDEBUG. if so then in the SRDEBUG activate the debugging for the user and check it.

this is another way of activating the external debugging.

By the way, is something is not working for you while launching the popup or you just want to check in the debugging mode.

BR, Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes same user ID, I am using portal so i am using the same user ID for break point and for execution... debugger is triggering for WDC1 but not for WDC2..

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It means,

the execution is not up to popup window statement.Before that only.. something happens wrong. check in debugging.. whether did you get pop of wdc2 or not...

Regards

Srinivas