cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM System Copy - Category id of hierarchy node showing wrong system

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! We have recently done a refresh from Production to QA and followed by an upgrade to SRM 7. BDLS was run so the logical system was changed successfully. When I accessed COMM_HIERARCHY to check the product categories, I found the node where the backend product categories sit under is still reflecting the product system name, e.g.

R3MATCLASSPROCLNT100

instead of the QA system

R3MATCLASSQA1CLNT100

I have checked in table COMM_CATEGORY that the logical system is converted correctly by BDLS. It's just that the category id/node name where the categories sit is wrong. Does anyone has similar problem before?

My last resort would be to change the name manually in the table.

Appreciate any advice on the above.

Cheers!

SF

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Maybe I misunderstand your problem, but the node name is not the name of the logical system (or the logical system), hence not updated by BDLS.

brgs Ziggy

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ziggy,

Yes I understand that but I mentioned about BDLS in case someone else asked about it. Saw that question a lot when one raised similar issue. The names unfortunately include the 'system' code/name and we cannot change it via COMM_HIERARCHY. So, wonder whether there are other ways. My last resort is to rename directly in the table. I might also try to replicate a new material group under the correct nice name and move the rest under the old node over and delete the old nodes.

Regards

SF

Answers (0)