cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OS command Encryption

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am trying to encrypt a file from XI and FTP to a different location. I am using PGP software for encryption and decryption. I am able to encrypt/decrypt the file from the OS level. The command I am using at OS level is:

pgp --home-dir /.pgp --encrypt test.txt --recipient 0xC483S9E6

If I use the same command in Sender File adapter in Run Operating System Command After Processing it is not encrypting. Now if I run the entire scenario the file is writing but it is not encrypting the file. Can you tell me where I am exactly going wrong?

---Satish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have had similar problems calling OS level options at this point.

Generally we have found that we need to refer to the full path to the command.

For example, when calling a zip function, we have had to use

whsad01\zip\testzip.cmd %f

where the box is whsad01.

No guarantees that this will help, but worth a try if you've not resolved it yet.

C

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try using the full path while calling.

Better use a batch file where you can write all the code and call the batch file from the adapter.

First ensure that the batch file is called, say for example write a command like MD
server\foldet\Test and see if the folder Test is created. This will ensure you that the batch file is being triggered.

I was facing this kind of problem and I solved it by doing another scenario which just reads a file and saves with the same name in the same path. In this scenario call the batch file this will encrypt. My be this looks bit untidy but you can use this as a work around.

Thanks,

Prakash