cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 7.0 EHP1 - new functions for BRF workflows

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We currently upgraded our SRM 5.0 system to SRM 7.0.

We need some inputs whether to activate the EHP1 for SRM 7.0

Are there any limitations in terms of BRF workflows which are now covered in SRM 7.0 EHP1?

In SRM 5.0,we were using n step header level approval workflow using the BADI and custom tables for approval determination.

We need to map the same in SRM 7.0 now but wanted to know the limitations in terms of any new functionalituies which can be used in terms of Shoppign cart workflow in SRM 7 EHP1 v/s SRM 7.0 SP10.

I read in one of the posts in the forum that parallel processing for BRF workflows is not supported in SRM 7.0 EHP1.Please advise.

Please advise.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope you read the details about new workflow called PCW. Since you are upgradring your SRM 5.0 to 7.0, you still have option to use ACW that you implmented in SRM 5.0. If you decide to go with ACW then you dont need to worry about anything of BRF and expression.

I read in one of the posts in the forum that parallel processing for BRF workflows is not supported in SRM 7.0 EHP1.Please advise.

Can you please share post to understand more about it..

Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Saravanan.

We are having lot of issues with the ACW in SRM 5.0 and hence plan to reimplement the workflow in SRM 7.0 using the process controlled workflows plus the new features introduced for workflow.

Can you please advise if ACW are better than PCW or vice-versa??

I dnt have the link for the post but cans someone confirm if parallel processing is supported in SRM 7.0 EHP1 workflows??

Are there any shortcomings in terms of the BRF workflows in SRM 7.0 EHP1?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i suggest to go for PCW..Only the main change in the EhP4 as shown below

SAP SRM Enhanced Approval Processes

Process driven Workflow

􀂄 Parallel approving process with overlapping responsibilities

􀂄 any approver of the same level can approve independent from the sequence

􀂄 all approvers from one level must have approved before the next approval level is executed

􀂄 if one approver rejects an item/document the item/document get the status rejected

􀂄 Asynchronous execution of approval steps for large documentsSAP SRM Enhanced Approval Processes

Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Saravanan!

Also the features you listed are they for SRM 7.0.1(SRM 7 with EHP1)?Also you mentioned EHP4 so I'm kind of confused.Pls clarify.

So as per your reply,I'm understanding that parallel approvals are supported in PCW.

Also for BRF,for n-step approval workflow(hearde level approval) for shopping cart,for PCW is majority of the work related to config or development?Is settiing up PCW more of functional or technical responsibilty?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CG,

To answer your last question, the configurations are done by the technical person in SPRO and there are a few classes that are created in the system by the developer. It is one of the easiest ways of developing workflows. I have done it for SRM 7.01 .

Regards,

Cruiser

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am sorry, i was trying to say EHP1.

Saravanan