cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter the short dumps when triggering alerts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are triggering alerts when ever the short dump occurs in the system.

But we dont want to trigger the alerts for all the dumps, we want to filter based on some criteria(Description,Message ID,Message Number etc).

For this do we need to write any custom data collection method? or is there any MTE class to do this?

How can i do this?

Regards

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please let me know how i can i filter the alerts

Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my knowledge using MTE in RZ20 does not allow filter criteria. You will create an alert for every dump produced on the system (at least you will develop your own recollection method- not sure how you can do it).

BUT with Business Process Monitoring the possibilities are better. If you configure Business Process Monitoring for your system using Solution Manager you could use the monitor "ABAP Dump Collector (BOSDUMPC)" that will allow you better tracking, for example trigger an alert if more than X dumps are produced on the system, if since last run there have been more than Y dumps...

Try this, as I guess it has other filter possibilities as dump specified type, client, user, program, and transaction for the dump.

Hope this helps you. Also check notes 1503875 and 1526981

Br, Virginia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virginia,

Thanks for your reply, I checked BPMON in my solution manager system,

But in BPMON, i can see we can only define alerts at the bussiness process level..

As far as the abap dump monitoring we should be able to monitor the complete system.is there any way to do this?

Thanks

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you on 7.01 or 7.1?

There is some enhanced (and easier to use) functionality in setting up monitoring templates in the new 7.1 release.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you read up on BPM you will find out that it comes in two "flavors": business process monitors and technical monitors.

Virginia's response was correct. You can monitor all dumps in the system that way. The business processes are not predefined, you name them whatever you like. E.g., I have one called "Short dumps".

Regards,

Sean

Answers (0)