Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Routing Script

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using a production routing.

Routing has A----B--C-----D in the production router.

Repair operation is in the NC routing.

SFC failed at any operation(A or B or C or D) will go to repair(NC router).Once Repair is completed I need to take decision based on what operation complete or not complete or where NC is logged?

E.g: If SFC is failed at C , After the Reapir it has to return to C.

If SFC is failed at B, After the Repair it has to return to A.

How can I write the script in the NC router while return, to check at what operation NC is logged ?

I don't want to configure the return in NC router based on the NC codes.

Is there any scripting method like getSFCProperty() etc ?

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Guru.

Edited by: gurunadh kumar on Aug 9, 2011 9:16 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think you can do something like that. There are standard Return functions in ME (i.e. Return to Any Previous etc) that you could use, but they will not cover all your scenarios. The easiest way to fulfill the requirement is to use repair operation for each step in production router and configure exits as required.

Regards,

Konstantin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Konstantin ,

Thanks for the reply. I thought this idea.But felt that it is duplicating the operation in routing. So I am just searching for the better approach.

Regards,

Guru.

0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

If you have strict rules like you described, you can simply create the router with NC router as a subrouter:

1) let's say your NC router is called NCR1;

2) then to implement your first rule, just add Pass script to C-->D path and add the following chain:

C -(Fail script)-> NCR1 --> C

3) to implement your second rule, add Pass script to B-->C path and add the following chain:

B -(Fail script)-> NCR1 --> A

In this case, you will have 2 router steps of NCR1 in the router: one for the chain from #2 and another for the chain from #3.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy ,

Thank you.It seems that there are no scripting methods or Sql to find the previous step Id or previous operation for that SFC and use in routing script as I wrongly expected. Changing the routing is the only option as of now.

Regards,

Guru.

0 Kudos

Guru,

As I understand, NC router is not included in your production router. If so, then you don't have where to assign the script. So, anyway, if you want to use scripts at router steps, you have to add NC subrouter as a step of production router. Then you will have the arcs where you can assign the scripts.

I don't say that it is impossible to find out the previous step by means of script with SQLs, however, it is not that easy and will definitely require some coding.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy and Konstantin,

Thanks to both of you.

Regards,

Guru.

Answers (0)