cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does GRC 5.3 support Windows 2008?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts:

We currently have GRC 5.3 running on Windows 2003 Servers (64bit). They are running fine without any issues. But we are in the process upgrading the servers from Windows 2003 to 2008. I tried to find out if Windows 2008 is supported in GRC 5.3, but in the SAP market place product availability matrix (PAM), only show what browser it will support. No indication for Windows server side. From the installation guide of GRC 5.3, it only listed WIndows 2003, NO 2008 mentioned.

Where I can find the right information on if GRC 5.3 can run on Windows 2008 or not? Are any of you upgraded from 2003 to 2008 for GRC server? Any issues need be aware of?

Thanks,

Yujun Ran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yujun,

Since GRC relies on the underlying NetWeaver OS PAM, you can install on Windows 2008 Server, if you are successful in installing your Netweaver 7.0. My recommendation would be to look at the compability of database and other supported add-ons too before you actually go with Windows 2008.

Best Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Thanks for the quick reply. In the ECC/ABAP side, I understand it's NetWeaver 7.0 and OS and database are supported. My question is really about JAVA instance of GRC 5.3. We upgraded to 2008 in our sandbox and then the JAVA instance did not work after the upgrade. That make us try to figure out if it will be supported and find out

Thanks,

Yujun

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

GRC is installed on Netweaver As Java. So, you should check PAM for netweaver as per your SP release and database.

Thanks

Sunny