cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update of Safety Stock Method in APO - Value is overwritten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a situation whereby I have maintained a SS Method (MZ) on the Lot Size screen. When I create and activate the Integration Model (CFM1 and CFM2) it overrides the MZ with a blank. On the R/3 side I have not maintained any value on the MRP 2 screen.

I do not want the SS Method to be overwritten automatically when we execute CFM1 and CFM2 (daily) as it impacts the integrity of our planning. Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

For me it does not make sense the MZ is being overwritten in the first place with a blank. I am wondering if this is a bug or just a bad design?

Any input would be appreciated.

Rumi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

In case you would like to go with option 2 suggested by Aparna above, you can use the sample coding provided in note

707204 Integration: Change of the safety stock method

with one difference: use BAdI SMOD_APOCF005 and not the enhancement suggested in the note.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tiago,

Can this user exit be plant specific? We have some plant that want to update from R/3 and others do not.

This note does say to use enhancement APOCF005. Is this what you are suggesting to use?

Thanks,

Rumi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this te most recent release of this note? We are on version SCM 5.1 and a much higher PI. This is relevant for 3.1 to 3.1.

0 Kudos

The validity of the note was not extended, however the sample code is still valid. Also, enhancement APOCF005 has been migrated to BAdI SMOD_APOCF005 in the newer releases, so the BAdI should be used on SCM 5.1.

The sample provided in the note prevents the Safety Stock Method from being reset in all cases, so you would have to modify it to consider only specific plants if that is your requirement, but it should be rather easy to do this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We implemented BADI which fixed the problem of the Safety Stock Method in APO being overwritten.

Rumi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rumi

We faced the same issue. Safety stock method field is not available in R/3 - can be found only in APO. When you CIF a material the value of safety stock method gets calculated based on the value of fields safety stock and safety days supply in R/3. This is a standard SAP functionality.

There are two ways to restore the value of safety stock method .

1. Create a change pointer for safety stock method in APO, run the CIF and let the CIF over write the S.S method value. Develop a custom program in APO to read the change pointer records and restore the old value. This custom program should be run immediately after the material CIF activation.

2. Put logic in user exit to avoid overwriting the safety stock method .

We decided to go with approach 1 and it has been working for over 2 years.

Thanks

Aparna