Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM component display

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

consider the senario:

material--- computer.

made up of components cpu,keyboard,hard disk,monitor, etc.

These components used in finished goods also can be sold as individual .

now i have to display the components which can be sell individual as well as a finished goods.

with respect to the above issue.. how i can differentiate the component that can sell individual from the component that cannot be sold individual.

In one line:::: I need to display components which can sell individually.. where i can found it..

Thanks in advance.

Edited by: mickjack on Aug 9, 2011 6:25 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI jack,

As my understanding on your requirment.

X material is one of the component in Some BOM . that you want to sell individuvally and also consider as a BOM component.

X material must be as FINISHED product(as you are selling in to Sales order) .

Through Material type you can able to find (W.r.to Plant) FG materials.

Let me know if you need more on this.,

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your participation raj.

Your understanding is correct.

But with MAT type we cannot judge the material is sellable or not..

correct me if am wrong.

Regards,

Jack

0 Kudos

Hello MickJack!

I'm not sure I understood your issue, your descripton is a little confusing for me.

If I understand your problem, you can differentiate these item types using different item category groups and item categories. Using this you'll be able to know if a material could be sold individually or not. At the same time you can control and prohibit the user to add an item with a material that you cannot sold individually through the Item category determination.

1) Create 2 Item Category Groups (Sales and Distribution > Sales > Sales Documents > Sales Document Item > Define Item Category Groups )

a. SELL - For the ones that you can sell individually

b. NSEL - For the ones that you cannot sell individually

2) Create 2 Item categories

a. Z001 - For the ones that you can sell individually

b. Z002 - For the ones that you cannot sell individually

3) Assign Item Category (Itm Ctg Group + High Level Cat. Item = Item category)

a. SELL + "BLANK" = Z001 (Will be used when the item is being sold separately)

b. SELL + TAN*= Z001

c. NSEL + TAN* = Z002

4) Maintain Material Master Data assigning the correct item category group (TAB Sales Org. Data 2)

*Considering that the computer(main item) is going to be assigned with item category TAN.

You also can use the existing item categories and item category groups if you want.

Best regards,

Rafael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

your understanding is correct.

Am an ABAP consultant.

i dont want to create material which can be sold individually. i need to check the existing materials wheather it can be sell individually or not..

in MM03 sales org 2 tab... for all materials the item cat.group is showing as blank.

thanks and regards,

mick

0 Kudos

Hello,

I referenced the field MVKE-MTPOS (Item Category Group), this field must not be empty if your are using the Sales Order (VA01) to sell those materials. Be aware because there are two fields with similar names on that TAB.

So, my sugestion is to use this field to solve your problem.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Att,

Rafael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rafel,

good try.

MVKE-MTPOS should not be empty to sell that material.

But there is no material without item category group. All the material are assigned to some or the other item category.

Hope you got my point.

regards,

Jack