Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PP-WM integration - staging pick parts across two different plants

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirements are as follows,

I have a manufacturing plant A and a Sales plant B. For the vast majority of cases goods are manufactured in A, transferred to B and then sold. However in a minority of cases finished goods are transferred from B back to the manufacturing plant A to be consumed in the manufacture of a different finished good e.g. relabelling to another material number etc. Plant B is full WM HU managed.

I want to enable pick parts staging via WM-PP. I am aware of the PP/WM integration steps in customizing but I am having difficulty in staging from plant B to A.

I have set up a WM HUM managed storage location for the production supply area in plant A and assigned to the same warehouse as plant B

Production Supply area is defined in Plant A

Replenishment movement type is defined for storage type

Storage Bin created in Plant A exact same type as bins in plant B

Control cycle created to link Production Supply Area and Storage bin for component materials

Process steps

Create process order in plant A, list component material storage location as per production supply area storage location

Process order staging creates the transfer requirement correctly

However transfer requirement cannot convert to transfer order for staging. It does not appear to be able to recognise the stock in plant B and returns an error 'negative stocks not allowed in storage type'

My challenge is as follows, is it possible to setup staging of pick parts between two different plants using WM transfer orders?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is not possible. You can only stage from one plant and storage location - based on the supply area. The supply areas are maintained per plant and storage location and this is what the system will use for staging.

Regards,

Sinéad Curran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sinead,

I suspected this was the case. I guess I can move the HU's from plant B to A using VLMove and then stage from there. Thanks for your response.

Answers (0)