Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware requirement for install PI 7.3

former_member260907
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Expert,

Does anyone can tell me what is the hardware requirement for install PI 7.3 ( full version)? Disc space and RAM, etc. Does installation also need Oracle database to be installed as well? If not, where does PI store payload data?

Thanks,

Charles

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

RAM and Disc space depends on Sizing.

Yes you required data base , 64 bit server operating system and jre 1.5 above version required.

former_member260907
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the input. Sounds the information are all about NetWeaver 7.3 which includes BI, Portal, WebDynpro etc. But I only need to install PI 7.3. I see somewhere says "Typical values for a standard installation for PI7.1 are about 60 GB disc space and 5 GB RAM." I don't know if I install PI 7.3 would be the similar to PI7.1? Thanks.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>I see somewhere says "Typical values for a standard installation for PI7.1 are about 60 GB disc space and 5 GB RAM." I don't know if I install PI 7.3 would be the similar to PI7.1?

I would say that is right. I would certainly go for disk space little bit more. (around 100 GB)

former_member260907
Participant
0 Kudos

OK. Thanks Baskar.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Charles

BI, Portal and PI etc are all Usage Types of NW 7.3. When you are doing the install you select which Usage Type you wish to install (in this case it will be PI).

The specs you mention should be ok for a PI 7.3 system. But it is not possible for anyone here to give you an accurate answer as to how much RAM etc is required without the sizing being done.

Regards

Mark

former_member260907
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Mark. I think I have some kind of idea now.

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

The installation/planning/size guides etc are available from:

http://service.sap.com/instguides

-> SAP NetWeaver

-> SAP NetWeaver 7.3

Further information on 7.3:

Regards

Mark