cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to change item category of a sales order in VA02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I am going to transaction VA02 for changing an sales order it is not allowing me to change z item category of the line item. Can someone tell me if it is a configuration or some User exit/BADI might be there behind this behavior.

Note: Recently the system was upgraded to ECC 6.0 and after that only this problem was coming.

Thanks,

Chinmay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

paul_quinn
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Chinmay,

SAP note 208245 gives a technical explanation of why any field on the sales screen is closed.

You can always overwrite the SAP default by using the MV45AFZZ userexit_field_modification but please think long and carefully before going down this route.

kind regards

Paul Quinn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In item category determination (VOV4) at manual itemcategory field enter your Zitem category and save,now try to edit item category in VA02.

Thanks

Siva.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinmay, you mean it is uneditable in VA02? Is the sales order delivered already?

Have you checked the config for allowable manual item categories for the combination of Sales Doc type+ ITEM Category group etc..?

Regards,

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rags,

1) The delivery for the sales order is not completed.

2) Can you please tell me where to check config for allowable manual item categories for the combination of Sales Doc type+

ITEM Category group?

Thanks,

Chinmay

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check in VOV4

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinmay,

Like Lakshmipathi mentioned check in VOV4.

For menu path, go to SPRO>Sales and Distribution> Sales> Sales Documents->Sales Doc Item-->Assign Item categories.

Regards,

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked open VOV4. But can you tell me what specifically I need to check in that?

Thanks,

Chinmay

Edited by: Chinmay Kumar Ghosh on Aug 10, 2011 2:11 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinmay,

Based on your question, I assume you need to go through this links:

http://www.magnatraining.com/sap-item-category-determination-manual-vs-automatic/

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/dd/55fb13545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/content.htm

Also search this forum and if you dont find an answer then get back.

Please help yourselves with this link and if you still have further questions..get back.

Regards,

Raghu.