cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple ECC to one PI architecture

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDN Experts,

We are in a test phase of a project and facing some architectural issue.

My Client XX has 2 ECC tracks and already one project (P1) with few interfaces gone live.

Existing project (P1) landscape is:

PR1 (Dev) -> PR2 (PPD) ->PR3 (Prod)

For the new project (R1), client has asked to use the new ECC track:

ECC1 (Dev) -> ECC2(Test)-> PR3 (Prod)
PI landscape:

PIB (Dev) -> PIC (PPD) -> PID (Prod)

For project P1, Live interfaces in PI (w.r.t. ECC) use the following BSu2019s:

BS_ECC_PR1_DEV -> BS_ECC_PR2_PPD -> BS_ECC_PR3_PRD
Project R1 interfaces in PI (w.r.t. ECC) uses the following BSu2019s:

BS_ECC1_DEV -> BS_ECC2_PPD -> BS_ECC_PR3_PRD

Points to note:

1)The rule here is once a project goes live, the ABAP development moves to P1 track and so after goe live for any change request or defect of R1 we need to connect PIB system to PR system( P1 project business system).

2)We are in test phase of project R1. Currently all interfaces are configured with EERP system and not a single interface of project R1 has ID configured with PR system.

This is little tricky to understood, i am not sure if i have explained it correctly.

I hope some of you might have already experienced such kind of issue, so i request you to spend some of your valuable time and let me know what is the best way to solve this considering the following:-

1) For all project the final ECC production system is same and a single business system (BS_ECC_PR3_PRD) needs to be used.

2) Project P1 is already live with 10 interfaces.

3) Project R1 is in end of test phase and we have more than 100 interface (with IDoc, proxy etc)

4) Minimum effort and without touching existing live interfaces.

Thanks !

Cheers

Biplab Das

Edited by: biplab das on Aug 9, 2011 9:29 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Biplab,

If I understand it correctly, you have same PI system for both Production and Project landscape. However ECC systems are different.

Now, since you are using different BS name for ECC systems you can easily connect both the ECC system to SAP PI.

Just that your BS for ECC should be in same group. And then the transport target would be maintained accordingky from Project and Prod landscape.

Please correct me, if I have misunderstood your problem.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sanjeev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanjeev, you are in a extent correct.

PI System is common to both Project server and production server.

But our concern here is how we can connect PI interfaces to both the ECC system as the same time with a single configuration.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We decided to duplicate the configuration objects.

Thanks for your input.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure what your question is here !! You already have 10 interfaces live from your previous project, that means , in the SLD,for the previous project, the transport target for BS_ECC_PR2_PPD is defined as BS_ECC_PR3_PRD

Well, now define the transport target for your BS_ECC2_PPD as BS_ECC_PR3_PRD in the SLD and you should be able to transport all ID objects from your QA to the shared PRD environment.

Is this what you are looking for ? As long as your ecc & pi systems remain the same in PROD , you have nothing to worry about.

Thanks

Saravana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks sarvana.

You are correct , we can do that. Basically we donot have problem when we move the interfaces to production.

but the issue arising here is after go live... once there is a defect/CR in these interface , how the interfaces will be executed.. since we can no more use the TS of (ECC1 and ECC2 system) , we have to use the TS of (PR1 and PR2).

I can understand that there is a solution of changing the LS name in BS, but then it will effect the new rollout project R2 interface build and testing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

gotcha...well you have to duplicate ID config of all your interfaces so that they can be tested from both tracks.

If you dont want to do that , at any point in time, only one track can be used, you will have to manage by switching the TS attached to the BS in SLD

Thanks

Saravana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravan,

we have these solution, but given the interface volume we are not having bandwith to do that.

So we are looking for a much simpler solution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well.. we have another twist here . .

In QA for the project track we have 3 separate ECC system.

ECC21(System Test) 
ECC22( Integration Test) and 
ECC23( UAT).

so the question i have here is

1) is it possible to define a 1:n transport target in SLD?

ECC21
            /
ECC1   -- ECC22
           \
           ECC23

2) if option 1 is possible, then do we need to create 4 seperate configuration object for all interface?

3) Will the configuration objects for ECC21,ECC22 and ECC23 will be created automatically in QA , or manually need to be created?

Edited by: biplab das on Aug 11, 2011 1:31 AM

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Biplab,

As far as I understand, this will not be possible without duplicating the scenarios. Because if you have one source and target configuration scenarios, how would it understand which transport target should be created.

Regards,

Sanjeev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both. PI should be smart enough to create 2 scenario in QA.

One with each Target system. Instead of we doing, PI should duplicate the scenario. I see nothing wrong in it.