cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Translate smartforms into multiple languages depending on Vendor language

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I need to Translate PO smartform into multiple languages depending on Vendor language.

I have many hard coded texts in English. But the Vendors I am using are of 4 countries. So i need to translate the form into 4 different languages depending on the vendor country. I know about SE63. But I am unable to find out how i can put the condition in it to translate the forms depending on the vendor language. Is there any solution or alternative for this? I have searched a lot but coulnt find a relevant solution. Please help.

Regards,

Lohitha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lohitha,

Aidan's suggestion should work .

Also check language dependent settings for vendor languages in SPAD transaction code.

BR

Dep

0 Kudos

Hi,

you can have one form with condition on the text fields in form for diff language, like for EN display english text, for IT display Italian etc.

in this case you can have 2 texts with diff language but a condition on them.

OR

The best way is if you can suggest to client, maintain a Ztable with akey (to itentify text), language and text as fields.

then you can fetch text from this table in your driver program based on vendor language and then pass this table to smartform, required language will be printed.

SE63 works in case of language based on logon to SAP.

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to translate the smartform into all of the possible languages. Then in your application you need to call the appropiate language version of the smartform depending on the vendor language. i.e. when your application print program calls the smartform function module, it needs to fill the parmater CONTROL_PARAMETERS-LANGU with the correct value for the language.

Regards,

Aidan