cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy to Mail Adapter issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement like a control report is comming from SAP through proxy to XI and I need to send that control report as an attachment in excel format from XI to the 3rd party by the mail adapter.Also in the mail body I have to send the information what is there in the excel.

Now as I have not worked before in mail adapter I want to know how can I send the report as an attachment in a mail adapter that too in excel format format and how can I do the mail body?

Thanks and Regards

Atanu Mazumdar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You do not need PI a all. Create an xsl file and send an email from SAP system directly.

Another option is create an excel file in SAP and add this as attachment to the proxy call. The main payload could have the structue ofthe "Mail package".

Then you can redirect the proxy call to a mail receiver without change.

If you want to create an excel file in PI, you need a complex Java mapping program which creates mail body and attachment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

AFAIK there is no standard solution in PI to convert the xml message sent by proxy as an xls attachmet. You may have to plugin adapter modules to your receiver email com channels to achieve this. first step would be to convert the xml to flat structure using MessageTransformBean, you could then use the payloadswapbean to convert the payload to an attachment and name it with a .csv extension(which can be opened in excel). If you are looking at xls file creation, you could chk the links http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/CODE-CreateanExcelFileviatheJExcel+API , /people/sap.user72/blog/2005/07/04/read-excel-instead-of-xml-through-fileadapter

Thanks

Saravana

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check these blogs:

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/07/mail-adapter-scenarios-150-sap-exchange-infrastructure

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/01/12/xi-triggering-e-mails-with-multiple-attachments--problems

Best Regards,

ravi