cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard HTTP response time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We are in phase of doing performance tuning on our SAP system.

For dialog activity we are sure that as per standard reponse time should be 1000 ms for dialog activity and database response time should be 40% of total dialog reponse time. So we are able to tune parameters in that direction.

Now we are performing tuning for HTTP requests but we are not sure what should be standard reponse for HTTP sessions.

So please let me know standard reponse for HTTP requests and what should database response time for them.

Shivam Mittal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivam,

As you know that an HTTP request is passing through many ICM components. You can find the major reference metrics on ICM, below;

client and memory cache: <1 ms

client and disk cache: 5 ms

client and dispatcher: betweeen 20 and 2000 ms

Db response time is depended to the dialog workprocess response time because when a request handled by a ICM thread, it process its request on a dialog workprocess.

As a conclusion, standard HTTP response time should be less than 2000 ms

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Orkun,

Thanks for reply.

I expect we can check these valuse by SMICM, can you please tell from where I can check these values for my system.

Shivam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivam,

You can check the ICM stats over SMICM -> Go to -> Statistics -> Display. But, you the path you need to check ST03 -> Total -> Select a day -> Average response time HTTP column, in order to see the values that I've noted.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik