cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering of mail to a user who created the project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on requirement for triggering of mail to a user who created the project (i.e the owner )so that he will have details stored in his/her mail box .

As of now,by default, the sourcing system is triggering mails to the collaborators when ever I add them to a project.

For my requirement , I need to use scripting for the Document Life Cycle Context which has Created and Duplicated Events But I would then require to write code for triggering mail in the Scripting Definition which I dont have much idea about .

Any other help/way to do is appreciated!

Regards,

Uday!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have used the following code in triggering mail .

Properties properties = new Properties();

Session session1 = Session.getDefaultInstance(properties, null);

and after careating the MIME message , I am sending it using Transport.send(message); where message is MIMEMessage.

I am getting the following error when executing the script i.e Access to Default Session is defined and the stack trace is

java.lang.SecurityException: Access to default session denied

at javax.mail.Session.getDefaultInstance(Session.java:311)

at com.sap.odp.comp.messaging.daemon.ScheduleMailEventDaemon.sendMail(ScheduleMailEventDaemon.java:408)

at com.sap.odp.comp.messaging.daemon.ScheduleMailEventDaemon.processHook(ScheduleMailEventDaemon.java:246)

at com.sap.odp.comp.daemon.AbsTransientEventDaemon.process(AbsTransientEventDaemon.java:85)

at com.sap.odp.comp.daemon.ResponsibleTransientEventDaemon.process(ResponsibleTransientEventDaemon.java:167)

at com.sap.odp.comp.daemon.SystemEventServiceManager$TransientEventExecutor.run(SystemEventServiceManager.java:1937)

at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:512)

at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:462)

I have included the necessary jar files in server ,included the necessary imports and asked the basis team to restart the server too.

Before restarting the server I was getting Method invocation to getDefaultInstance has failed, Now I get access to default session is denied.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Uday.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Uday,

We never experienced any such issues. I talked to some colleagues and they are of the opinion that you should try replacing

Session.getDefaultInstance(properties, null); 

by

Session.getInstance(properties, null) 

Give it a shot and see. I hope it works for you.

Thanks

Devesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx for quick reply Devesh , I was caught up in some other issue in sourcing server. I am working on your way and indeed its easy. I shall get back to you if i get any other issue when I am done

Regards

Uday.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Sending e-mail to the user who creates a business doc has become one of the common requirements from clients these days.

As you said, this can be achieved by wirting custom code. I am not aware of any other configurations that allows this functionality. Maybe the forum can suggest some alternate approaches, if there are any.

For the custom development approach, I would suggest looking java.mail APIs. I can assure that this approach will work out easliy.

Thanks

Devesh