Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VENDOR-EXTERNAL_ID could not be found error while loading supplier conatact

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please somebody answer to my doubt.

I am trying to load supplier contact to CLM. I am getting "VENDOR-EXTERNAL_ID could not be found" error for all the entries even though those vendors are present in the system.

Kindly help this, This is bit urgent to work on..

Thanks much for your help in advance.

Regards,

Gurvi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please make sure that all your vendor records have the External ID populated. This is typically the ID used in your source system (SAP ECC or R3).

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

All vendors exists in system have their external_ids. But still getting error. As of my knowledge we should get error when the vendor does not exists in the system. But even though it exists i am getting the error. will this cause any column format issue.

Waiting for your reply.

Regards,

Gurvi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure then what the error could be, others please chime in.

Please make sure that the external id, populated on the supplier contact tab matches the external id on the vendor record. Check for leading 0s etc..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try using .CSV sheet instead of XLS to upload contacts.

Regards

Mudit Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have used cvs file only. But still gettng same error. Do not know why is this happening even though they exists in the system.

Kinldy help me on this as soon as possible because client is waiting for me to load these.

Your answer is very critical for me.

Regards,

Gurvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you made sure fields: VENDOR_EXTERNAL_ID, NAME,DIRECTORY,FIRST_NAME,LAST_NAME,EMAIL are filled correctly?

Regards

Mudit Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mudit,

What do you mean by correctly.

VENDOR_EXTERNAL_ID CONTACT_TYPE PRIMARY_CONTACT DOCUMENT_DESCRIPTION NAME DIRECTORY COMMON_NAME FULL_DN FIRST_NAME LAST_NAME COMPANY_NAME TITLE ADDRESS_1 ADDRESS_2 CITY STATE_PROVINCE COUNTY REGION POSTAL_CODE COUNTRY PHONE_1 PHONE_2 FAX_1 FAX_2 EMAIL MAILBOX_ALIAS MAILBOX_SERVER TIME_ZONE CURRENCY DATE_FORMAT DISPLAY_LANGUAGE DEFAULT_GROUP EXTERNAL_REF LOCATION ROLES INACTIVE CAN_LOGIN AUTO_BCC RETURN_RECEIPT HTML_MAIL CREATE_DIR_ACCOUNT GENERATE_NEW_PWD SEND_NOTIFICATION DIR_PRINCIPAL DIR_CREDENTIALS EXPORT_EXCEL DEFAULT_ADDRESS RECEIVE_DISCUSSION_EMAILS

30000520 Sales TRUE Field is not displayed boreast directory.local.ss Tom Boreas KELCO INC Billingsly RI 48201 US 617-555-1212 (GMT-5:00) Eastern Standard Time USD English FALSE TRUE FALSE FALSE FALSE TRUE TRUE FALSE TRUE FALSE

These are the field names and values are given. I have removed email becuase it is stopping me to post this message. Is this problem with external id format i have given?

When i am saving .csv file i am getting some warnings like file may contain futures that are not compatible with CSV . Is this causing the problem?

Thanks alot for your help. Please help me resolve this i need to load this file by end of today.. this is very critical.

Regards,

Gurvi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Most of the information seems to be correct . Are you sure local directory name is directory.local.ss and not dir.local.ss?you can check this in Setup > Directory Configuration List > Local - Sellside, External ID

All I can suggest is go to vendor with external ID: 30000520 and try to create contact with below mentioned details manually and see if there are any errors.

Regards

Mudit Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mudit,

Thanks alot for the answer.

I have tried to create manually with no error, created contact successfully. Is it problem with csv file format? I have copy pasted in the file which used earlier to load with no errors but still facing the same problem.

I do not know what to do now. Client is waiting to load this file as soon as possible.

Regards,

Gurvi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mudit,

Any fromat CLM import requires for vendor_external_id field?

Regards,

Gurvi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mudit,

The directory is correct..

Regards,

Gurvi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mudit,

Any updates on this please?

Regards,

Gurvi.

0 Kudos

Few things to checku2026.

Make sure you select Contact as the object type when importing the CSV file

When you import the csv file, what error do you see in the error log? The error log should tell you what the issue is. If you are not clear, post the error message in your reply

In your sample data, the VENDOR_EXTERNAL_ID is 30000520. Make sure the External Id of the vendor is also 30000520. Check if it has leading zeros. If it contains leading zeros your csv should match that

CSV (comma separated value) file should have values separated by commas. In your sample, I donu2019t see the value separated by comma

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Thank you so much for the answer.

I have selected contact object type only.

Wed Aug 10 07:02:19 UTC 2011 Importing a CSV file.

Wed Aug 10 07:02:19 UTC 2011 ..Inserting CSV data from file rtimport_2417854122388608875.csv

Wed Aug 10 07:02:19 UTC 2011 ....Import failed for object number 1. The object referenced in column VENDOR_EXTERNAL_ID could not be found.

Wed Aug 10 07:02:19 UTC 2011 ..Complete. 0 ok. 1 failed.

Wed Aug 10 07:02:19 UTC 2011 ..Importing a CSV file. 0 ok. 1 failed. File rtimport_2417854122388608875.csv

Wed Aug 10 07:02:19 UTC 2011 Error during action failed to import data, 1 error(s).

This is the error log .

The external id of the vendor is leading with two zero in the system . But when i try to add those to zero it is not accepting and taking only 8 characters. do you think that is the reason?

That CSV file i have generated by saving as CSV from exel sheet.

Kindly help me to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Gurvi.

0 Kudos

Yes the leading zeros should be in the csv file. I think what is happening is, since you are editing the csv file in excel it is chopping off the leading zeros.

Try editing the csv file in notepad and add the leading zeros and import it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram

The excel sheet also does not have leading zeros.

When i try to open csv in notepad and add leading zeros and save this as csv again those leading zeros are goin off. do not know what to do now..

Regards.

Gurvi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can add the leading 0s in excel also. Add a single quote in front of the number. E.g. '0030240623 and then save the excel as .csv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

I have done that only. But those leading zeros are going off when i convert that to csv. do not know why is that happening.

Regards,

Gurvi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the excel file has the leading 0s then try importing the excel file. I have imported excel files on several occasions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Save the file as .xls only. There is no need to upload it in a csv format. The leading zeros remain if you prefix that with a ' symbol.

when selecting the Object type, use Supplier and then do a preview import to make sure that the leading zeros exist.

Thanks,

Vikram Shukla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Thanks for the answer.

I have done the same thing but not getting object type to select and getting below error without selecting object type and imported.

1. records with errors or warnings from file fci_1589662556155572276_contacts.csv

VENDOR_EXTERNAL_ID CONTACT_TYPE PRIMARY_CONTACT DOCUMENT_DESCRIPTION NAME DIRECTORY COMMON_NAME FULL_DN FIRST_NAME LAST_NAME COMPANY_NAME TITLE ADDRESS_1 ADDRESS_2 CITY STATE_PROVINCE COUNTY REGION POSTAL_CODE COUNTRY PHONE_1 PHONE_2 FAX_1 FAX_2 EMAIL MAILBOX_ALIAS MAILBOX_SERVER TIME_ZONE CURRENCY DATE_FORMAT DISPLAY_LANGUAGE DEFAULT_GROUP EXTERNAL_REF LOCATION ROLES INACTIVE CAN_LOGIN AUTO_BCC RETURN_RECEIPT HTML_MAIL CREATE_DIR_ACCOUNT GENERATE_NEW_PWD SEND_NOTIFICATION DIR_PRINCIPAL DIR_CREDENTIALS EXPORT_EXCEL DEFAULT_ADDRESS RECEIVE_DISCUSSION_EMAILS

1. Failed: object 1: Database error: DB2 SQL error: SQLCODE: -302 SQLSTATE: 22001 SQLERRMC: null. Contact your system administrator. [STANDARD_ATTRIBUTE_ID]

30000520 Sales TRUE Field is not displayed LOWER(CONCATENATE(LEFT(J52,7),LEFT(I52,1))) directory.local.ss Tom Boreas KELCO INC Billingsly RI 48201 US 617-555-1212 (GMT-5:00) Eastern Standard Time USD English FALSE TRUE FALSE FALSE FALSE TRUE TRUE FALSE TRUE FALSE

1. Failed: object 2: Database error: DB2 SQL error: SQLCODE: -302 SQLSTATE: 22001 SQLERRMC: null. Contact your system administrator. [STANDARD_ATTRIBUTE_ID]

I do not what is happening with import feature in ESO. Kindly help me what to do now.

Regards,

Gurvi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any updates on this please????

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the error log it seems there is a message which says: Database error: DB2 SQL error: SQLCODE.

I think there is an issue with the database. Can you get this checked thru your database admin?

As soon as we select the xls, system should prompt you to select the Object type which does not seem to be happening in your case.

Thanks,

Vikram Shukla