cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancement of forecast consumption by sales order & requirements strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

In a forecast cosumption by sales order under startegy 20 (Planning with final assembly) we need to enhance the SAP standard functionality. I have unique requirement in which my sales order is coming in the monthly bucket and my planning horizon is as below:

1. First month in daily bucket

2. 2-3 month + Qurater2 = Weekly bucket

3. Q3 + Q4 = Monthly bucket

i want that my sales order should consume forecast within the same month only. Hence the forward and backward consumption period specified in the product master's demand tab will be ignored. Current month will be the forecast consumption period.

My question are as below:

1. How can i customize this scenarion within SAP standard, is there a way in SCM 7.0 to do this

2. What enhancement i need to do to if i can not use standard functionality.

I need your valuable input ASAP.

Regards

Gajendra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member453166
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was recently on a project where we were able to modify the forecast consumption to be based on a dynamic date calculation which took place through a planning book exit (rather than looking at the product master for +/- days). Our situation was simpler - that is, our only requirement was to consume "w/in the month" - meaning that forecast anytime w/in a month "boundary" would be considered eligible for consumption.

We achieved this through the user exit macros for SNP planning book EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPMMCP6_005.

It's important to say also that when modifying the consumption logic, note 743646 needs to be reviewed. Consumption and reduction can get "confused" when wires get crossed as data transmits back and forth. This will create inconsistencies between the planning book and product view transactions.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To limit cons to a period, the easiest is to release the forecast in this period format, meaning the forecast wears the period despite in product view you see start date. To see teh period check in forecast tab of product view. Then if any order falls in the period it'll consummes only this one.

THis is limited as business usually cannot afford monthly forecast in short term. In this case this becomes a developement issue and honestly a tricky one. See BADI /sapapo/DM_BADI_CSP. In previous experience we also had to review the standard code with sap modification.

Hope it helps, Daniel