cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver Edifact fields error

Former Member
0 Kudos

When source field does not occur i have mapped with default value blank to the target edifact fields.

But i am getting error in BIC module when the source value does not occur.

Will the edifact fields accept the blank value?

Thanks,

Vinayak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Will the edifact fields accept the blank value? Yes, they do accept the blank values. Can you do testing of message mapping and check is target EDI field is populating or not. I guess target edi field is not populating when source field does not occur. give result of MM test here to check further.

Cheers

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Since i have mapped with default blank value, when soure field doesnt occur ,the target EDIFACT field which is mandatory will be mapped with blank in mapping .But when i test end to end it is giving error like mandatory field not filled.

Thanks,

Vinayak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you mapped a Blank Value ( ' ' ) or a null value ( '' )?

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinayak,

In general, the EDI modules validate for minimum and maximum lengths for a particular field.

Check the minimum length specification in the xml2edi mapping and pass the blank value accordingly(send multiple spaces instead of sincle space).

Best Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have mapped null i.e ("").

Same null if i map to non mandatory field its working fine.

But for mandatoery field its giving problem.

Thanks,

Vinayak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can make that field as non-mandatory by removing Tick mark in that message structure from BIC mapping designer. Save that and use the same in BIC mapping. Deploy new .sda file and test it.

Cheers

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the destination field is mandatory, you need to give it a value (like BLANK) and not NULL value.

You can change occurrences of destination field (as suggested above) like 0...1 (non mandatory), or you can pass it a BLANK value, according to your requirements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i saw the BIC code in mapping editor , i found the below code.

Which means when we send null (i.e "") it wont copy field from source to target.

And also when we send only spaces(i.e " ") it will trim those spaces and again it wont take null.

if existsourceField("LIST.S_UNB.S_UNH.G_SSG3.S_NAD.G_SSG5.S_CTA.S_COM.C_C076.D_3148:value") && trim(LIST.S_UNB.S_UNH.G_SSG3.S_NAD.G_SSG5.S_CTA.S_COM.C_C076.D_3148:value) != "" copy LIST.S_UNB.S_UNH.G_SSG3.S_NAD.G_SSG5.S_CTA.S_COM.C_C076.D_3148:value to UNB.UNH.SG3.NAD.SG5.CTA.COM:C076.3148;

endif

So for mandatory fields we need to send some value?

Is my analysis correct??

Thanks,

Vinayaka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think 3148 element occurs under SSG6 group.

when 3148 will be blank do not create corresponding SSG6 segment then BIC mapping won't give any error.

Regds,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Edifact fields accept blank values, depending on fields settings.

Probably, the field that you set to blank, is marked like mandatory.