Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Roles - Tracking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

If someone is assigned with a portal role directly via portal itself instaed of using a ABAP Backend role mapped.

How can i track this from SAP using a ABAP Program?.

i.e. If pcd id:test role -> If this is assigned to a user TEST_USER - will it be possible to find this from a Backend SAP System ?

Thanks.

Shawn.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you could write a web service which would use UME API to get all required info and then call it from ABAP report. I don't think there is a standard tool for this. SAP provisioning framework for IdM is capable of reading role assignment from UME. It should be using SPML interface so you might look into this as well.

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The change history is not available for portal roles.

Regards,

Raghu

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you could write a web service which would use UME API to get all required info and then call it from ABAP report. I don't think there is a standard tool for this. SAP provisioning framework for IdM is capable of reading role assignment from UME. It should be using SPML interface so you might look into this as well.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your replies . I still did not manage to find a solution to the problem - Writing a web service was not easy for me so no luck on that ... Will try to look out for other options still... Thanks all.