cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem when crediting invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

First post for me, new to this forum but I have used it before for help with other questions.

Can't seem to find the correct help right now, so I joined your wonderful forum and maybe I can contribute somehow one day!

I have created an invoice from 2 different sales orders (2 different jobs), with 2 service orders.

This is only service, so only hours registered in CAT2. Then I ran DP91 for both orders and fixed the prices and such on the Debit Note Requests.

Then I created the invoice with Collective Billing Document VF04.

No problems so far.

After the invoice has been created I noticed that several hours are missing. I have created a Credit note, because I was told by my superiors that I cannot run VF11 24 hours AFTER invoice has been created.

But here I'm stuck.

How do I go from here? Customer only wants one invoice per job, so I cannot create an additional invoice for the remaining hours. I need to add the additional hours and then create a new invoice with the correct amount of hours so that it all ends up on just one single invoice.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear seww66 ,

Since you have already created the invoice, we cannot do anything other than cancel the invoice, then increase the hours in sales order and again invoice the same.

Else you can create one more line item with the remaining the hours in the sales order and bill for the remaining hours.

I personally think that the second option is better.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal Charles

Edited by: Hegal . K . Charles on Aug 9, 2011 5:44 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hegal,

That's what I want, to cancel the old invoice and redo it.

But since I was told that, I cannot cancel an invoice unless it's created the same day i.e. an invoice created today, I'm not allowed to cancel tomorrow.

I have to create a credit for it.

And after this procedure, it seems like the hours used for the first invoice has status "fully invoiced" and cannot be used again. Maybe I need to create a new sales order with service order and register the hours again.

But this does create lots of extra work it seems.

To answer your second option, wont that create a separate row on the invoice? It could work, I'll just have to try it out first and make sure it looks the way our customer wants it.

Thank you very much for your reply!

Really appreciate it.

BR

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear seww66 ,

With the second option,

imagine you have a service order now with item A priced 100 (actually it should have been 150).

You ave invoiced for 100 now.

If you can create one more line item of the same material in the sales order wit price 50, and invoice it, your remaining amount will be accounted for .. and more over since it is created from the same sales order, we will get a better track of the documents created.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal Charles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you're absolutely correct, it will be a lot easier to keep track of all different orders this way.

I will look into it and make sure with my superiors this is ok.

Thank you very much Hegal!