Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smart form is not active in test and production clients, active in dev

Adi_Bathineni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

we have strange error. we have done the modifications to the smart form , activated it and transported to test system.

Transport doesn't contain any errors and transport moved to Test system with out any error. But the changes are not reflecting in test system. The smartform is showing as in active.

we have checked the transport requests, smartform, smartstyles and driver program. everything looks good in development.

I've checked the tables related to smartforms STXFADMI, STXFCONTR etc.

Could you please let us know what could be the problem??

Thanks,

Adi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member470288
Participant
0 Kudos

Adi,

in the smartforms screen go to Smart Forms -> Generate, and the code will be regenerated.

Greetings,

Carles

asrmurty
Discoverer
0 Kudos

This answer worked for me.

Thanks a lot. Mr.Carles.

prakashjasti
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Go to the T code smartforms in Quality Client Open the smartform and Press on the Button

Check for the errors find the syntax errors and resolve the problem

Regards,

Prakash.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just check the transport request status. IF it shows some error messages or warning messages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you using any customizing page format ? If so please verify whether you have that in your test and production system.

Do you have any images in smart form ?

Please check this too. Images we wont send through request.

We need to upload through se78.

Thanks

Hariharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes do what Madhu has suggested.

login to test and Production client. goto smartforms t.code give the smartforms name

in the menu smartform - > Generate.

Regards,

Dhina..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adi,

Again create a transport request(TR) in development client and save, check active all individual objects see to that objects are getting saved in your TR.

Then move it to test and production.

BR

Dep

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adi,

1) Suppose if you added some code and transport to other client are you able to see the changes 2) Generate the form and check 3) Try to activate individually in all clients . In general it wont happen like this. Check the message while activating the form.

Regards,

Madhu.

Adi_Bathineni
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Madhu,

Thanks for the reply..The smartform is already in production client, we have done some changes in the code and moved to test system.

The first time it went to test system and it was not active in test system.

I've tried to generate in test system and transported the request after that too. still same problem. I could not able to fins any problem with the transport or Smartform in devlopment system.

I know it should not happen like this.. The changes whatever we are moving is not reflecting in Test system. Is there anyway to check why the changes are not reflecting even the transport is successful????

One more interesting thing, the smartform is showing 2 differnet FM names. If we generate directly from smartforms transaction it is giving one FM name, if we display the smartform and generate the smartform, it is showing a different name.

As far as my knowledge it should show either way only one FM name. I'm thinking there is something which is preventing the writing of the transports for this smartform only.

Thanks,

Adi.

anjaneya_bhardwaj2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry removed my post as i made a sloppy comment there ....

Edited by: Anjaneya Bhardwaj on Aug 10, 2011 8:17 AM

Edited by: Anjaneya Bhardwaj on Aug 10, 2011 8:17 AM

lijisusan_mathews
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1 thing you can try .. is to activate your smartform again and then adding it to another request. Now transport the new request to test system and try. Also make sure that you have called the smartform using SSF_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME .I believe you have already done it this way , otherwise it would have shown error. Now check if your smartform is active in test system . If it is still inactive check the transport log to ensure there are no warning messages that will give you a clue to what happened.

Former Member
0 Kudos

looks like a strange isssue.

first send a transport by deleting the existing object (Have a local backup in your machine)

then send a new transport with new changes