cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currency conversion during transformation (BI 701)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi @all,

I have problems in BI 701 with the curreny conversion (form Datasource to Infocube) - do someone have a good documentation?

I have a value, a target- (0stat_curr) and a sourcecurrency (weark (document currency) and a rule for currency translation, but it doesn't work.

Hoping for answers,

Kind Regards Manuela

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I now the details

The definition in RSCUR:

Exchange Rate Type M

Dyn. Ex. Rate Determination

Currency

Source Currency from Data Record

Target Currency Selection with Translation

Time Reference

Special InfoObjekt 0TRANS_DATE

Now I have the following soucre fields:

KURSK_DAT - allocated IObj => 0TRANS_DATE

NETWR - allocated IObj => Z0_INCOR1 (0DOC_CURRCY)

STWAE - allocated IObj => 0STAT_CURR

WAERK - allocated IObj => 0DOC_CURRCY

The Target field is 0INCORDVAL (0STAT_CURR)

I would like to have the source currency as WAERK and the tarket curreny as the STWAE (as Iobj 0STAT_CURR).

But this only works when I enter a fix targt curreny in RSCUR.

Can someone help me?

Kind Regards Manuela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your feedback,

I created currency conversion type in RSCUR and would like to use it in the transformation from datasource to IC.

Now I now the problem - I have to reference the fields from the datasource to the regarding Info-Object.

It works, when I use a curreny conversation with a fix target value.

But I would like to use for example document currency to statistic currency, but the system don't recognize the bothe currency types for target and source currency.

I tried it with the FM - there I can refefence to (flexible) target currency.

Can someone help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the following link, I guess it should resolve your problem,

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/2056ef93-2004-2d10-21ae-f973bb48d7a1]

Regards,

Durgesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If using a FM is not an option, please let me know the settings in RSCUR fot targer currency.

.. and has KF for target amount the right allocation to to currency-I ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The currency conversion can be implment in many ways,

1) Create a currency conversion type in RSCUR and apply it in target transformation, this can be applicable only if the target is a cube.

2) Call currency conversion FM eg.CALCULATE_EXCHANGE_RATE or READ_EXCHANGE_RATE in tranformation, either in start routine or rule. This can be applicable for both cube and DSO.

3) Intitiate currency conversion class methods in transformation.

The simplest and best is the first one, if your target is a cube because it's easy to implement and doesn't require any routine/coding and it can easly change the conversion types without touching the data flow in future.

-Jijo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manuela,

What to you mean by "a rule for currency translation ? Usually entries in TCURR are used for a conversion.

My suggestion (there are many places and ways to do a conversion) wouls be calling a FM in the end routine

of transforamtion.But then you also have to define key date, conversion type and taeget field for anount to

run FM correctly.

Regards

Joe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer the below thread

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/17436] [original link is broken];

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/6413] [original link is broken];

Thanks,