SAP for Media Discussions
Spark conversations about content creation, audience engagement, and monetization strategies using SAP in the media industry. Join in the discussion!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales area " " is not defined for Customers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Media Experts,

While saving the BP after changing the payment term in the sales area under Billing Tab, we have got an error message "Sales area " " is not defined for Customers". Please note that BP is maintained in both Retailer and Media Customer Roles.Please give me a solution for this.

Edited by: sunanthvn on Aug 9, 2011 12:11 PM

• SAP Managed Tags:
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. First check whether that customer is extended to relevant sales area or not in both roles (Retailer & Media Customer).

2. Next, check whether all mandatory fields are maintained in Sales area data.

3. Check IMG>SD>master data-->Common dist. channel / division

Your Sales org with dist. channel/division will be referred by some other dist. channel/division

Transaction: VOR1 and VOR2 as well

After switch to correct sales area, try to change payment terms and save the Business partner.

Best Regards,

Chandramohan

View solution in original post

• SAP Managed Tags:
3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. First check whether that customer is extended to relevant sales area or not in both roles (Retailer & Media Customer).

2. Next, check whether all mandatory fields are maintained in Sales area data.

3. Check IMG>SD>master data-->Common dist. channel / division

Your Sales org with dist. channel/division will be referred by some other dist. channel/division

Transaction: VOR1 and VOR2 as well

After switch to correct sales area, try to change payment terms and save the Business partner.

Best Regards,

Chandramohan

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply

As you mentioned i checked all relevant data and customization in BP.Everything is fine.Here the problem is not with every BP.Problem exist only in certain BP's.When i compare the BP with this issue in Table KNVV I found out that apart from the sales area maintained an additional row is also displayed with no sales area data.It only has client, BP Number, created by and created on datas.But this is not found in Other BP's(BP having no issues) in KNVV.

Note; Here we use common distribution channel and common division concept only for Media Customer Role.

We have recently upgraded to ECC6 frm 4.7(IS MEDIA).

Please provide further inputs for this issue.Thanks in advance.

Edited by: sunanthvn on Aug 10, 2011 10:21 AM

Edited by: sunanthvn on Aug 10, 2011 11:05 AM

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

Hi,

A possible reason could be that any mandatory field ( possibly set from FI ) might not have been filled, which is making the KNVV wa cleared. Which is showing as sales area as blank. ( Since u have recently upgraded, its worth a check ).

Since these checks are happening internally, you might not get an error from the BP transaction. Check the KNB1 table also, and see if there is any changes.

We have had this problem before, and this was one reason for that. Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Soumya.

• SAP Managed Tags: