cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem while populating table dynamically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing a strange problem when I execute a search component (custom developed component).

<b>Problem summary:</b>

I am getting first 5 empty rows (default visible row count, when I set the table's visible row count to "n" then the data in the first "n" rows are not visible) from the SAP R/3 when we fetch the data using this component. The data is available for the next consecutive rows starting 6th {(n+1)th} row. Here I am facing another strange behavior, I moved the table row position using the table paginator and viewing the data in the next consecutive rows and reset the view (invalidating the context and setting the visibility of the table to NONE), when I invoke the search again the data is missing in the 6-10 rows(the table data is paginated to the 6-10 records automatically), now the data is visible in the first 5 rows.

<b>The details of softwares:</b>

SAP WebAS 6.40 SP9

SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio Version: 2.0.9

JDK version - j2sdk1.4.2_06

<i>Note:</i>

1. The table creation and data population are done dynamically.

2. The same code works fine for SAP WebAS 6.40 SP8

3. When I tried fetching some data from SAP R/3 and displaying it in a table (table is created during design time and data population is achieved through standard context binding), it works fine.

If any of you get any clue in solving this issue, please do let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Santhosh.C

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thomas_chadzelek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to help you with this issue, but I need more information. Which browser are you using? How does the URL for calling this application look like?

You mentioned SP8 vs. SP9. Do I understand you right that the same application that worked with SP8 fails with SP9?

And the last question for now: When you see this table full of empty rows and scroll down, you see non-empty rows. What happens if you scroll up again? Are those rows still empty?

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I am running the application from the NDS and the URL look like the below URL

http://<<machine_name>>:50000/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/parentgenericsearchhelpcomponent/PerentSe...

I am using IE6.0 SP2

Yes the application is working fine in SP8 and giving problem in SP9.

I have a parent component which calls another component(childcomponent), which has this dynamically populated table. I am using window.open() to open the window in the child component.

To answer your last question,

I don't see full of empty rows, I see empty rows for the first visble row counts(5 or 10, if the total fetched row count might atleast 1 more than the visble row count). The data is available from the first visible row count+1. If I come back and see the first vible row count, still the rows are blank.

Thanks & Regards,

Santhosh.C

thomas_chadzelek
Participant
0 Kudos

Very strange. Can you somehow publish a small test application for this?

Bye,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I will try to publish the sample component. The component has so many dependencies (we need to create 2 function modules and 3 additional components needs to be published). Will check and try to give the code without these dependencies.

Regards,

Santhosh.C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for all who replied to this query. I solved the problem on my own.

I have created an IWDTable dynamically and bound the value node to table data source. The table columns are created dynamically and bound to the value attributes (dynamically created value attributes). The table cell editor (IWDTextView) is created and attached to the table column. The data was set to the text view directly using the setText().

Now, instead of setting the data to the text view, I am setting the data to the value attributes using "setAttributeValue(<<column attribute name>>, <<data>>)". Because of this approach I am not getting any blank rows.

Regards,

Santhosh.C

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

Were you able to find the solution to the first part of the query. I am also facing a similar problem.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

I didn't get any solution as such for the problem. Once I get any solution, I will post the same in the forum.

Regards,

Santhosh.C