cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Present I am working on File scenario when file is picked to sender side AT THAT TIME XI Sever is down at that situation the file will be picked or not? why bcz i am not visual those file in sxmb_moni?

can u help me on this

Regards,

mallikarjun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

All of your recent questions look suspiciously like exam or interview type questions. This is not permitted on the forum.

As you are new to the forum please familiarise yourself with the forum [Rules of Engagement|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME/RulesofEngagement].

Your user will be monitored for similar type posts and my be blocked from using the forum if this continues.

Regards

XI/PI Moderator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If XI server is down while pciking the file, to know the exact status of the file processing once XI server is back you need to check the following cases -

1) If file is picked, you can see an entry on Adapter Engine for that Source Interface. The message may in error and it can be restated. If you are archiving the processed file by channel, sometimes you may seen or not seen the file in archive folder

2)File reading is in progress and XI server is down, the file cannot read by the channel further since XI server is down . So in next poll interval the same file can be processed.

3)You can check Inbound queues for any struck-up messages if file is not available on source folder. It means the file is picked.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Veera

former_member303666
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI BOOSII

File scenario when file is picked to sender side AT THAT TIME XI Sever is down...

FTP--->XI

XI will pick the file form ftp server...if xi server is down...then the messages will strucked in ftp means...u wll check the strucked messages in queus(ftp)....

once the xi server is up ....u can refress the queue then the messages will process to xi server...

regards,

kesava

Former Member
0 Kudos

null

Edited by: vishal kharat on Aug 9, 2011 11:45 AM

Edited by: vishal kharat on Aug 9, 2011 11:46 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

it happens that

1. when FTP server is down, the channel pointing it hangs sometimes as it is polling, thusch check the relevant channel and restart it.

2. check smq1.

3. try to start the FTP server.

let me know if it doesnt works.

Edited by: vishal kharat on Aug 9, 2011 11:39 AM

former_member472138
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the Queue's. If at all the the adapter has read the file then it is read. If you are not able to see the message in Moni then look at the Queues. It would have stucked.

Note: Kindly change your Subject of the issue

Regards

Pothana

Edited by: Pothana Yadav on Aug 9, 2011 7:22 AM