cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add new nodes to IDoc in IDoc-XML Schema Mapping with Java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone, I'm not very sure if this is the right forum but I have a problem and I haven't being able to find the answer, my scenario is as follows:

-First of all our system characteristics: SAP ECC 6.0, SAP BASIS 700, PI BASIS 2005-1-700 and SAP APPL 600

-We are in Mexico and we are creating our own billing documents with digital signature and a digital certificate in XML format according to SAP Note 1303712 and all derived notes.

-Our actual schema is working fine: We generate our IDocs (one for SD and one for FI) in SAP and we send them to PI XI to be parsed by a JAVA program and then converted to XML.

Now we have the requirement to add new nodes (I might be wrong in the term, feel free to correct me) to the IDoc, it sounds very simple but I have only experience with ABAP and no experience with PI, also it's working only on our production landscape, so if I don't do it right it could be very dangerous.

I have already read the following notes that might help me: 1321680 and 1318342 but their configuration is just in the aplication server and don't mention anything about PI or the Java program.

So, if any one could provide me some kind of guide or important aspects that I should take care (like mapping, structures, etc) to enhance IDocs for this schema i would be very grateful.

I hope this post were clear enough, if it is not also feel free to ask me to clarify or provide more information.

Kind Regards

Omar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Omar,

Since the structure of the IDoc is changing (adding a new node), you would need to do the following in PI:

1) Reimport the IDoc in ESR/IR of PI.

2) Change the mapping/transformation logic in the mapping parser defined. If it is a Java code, you would need to reimport it in the ESR/IR. Use link below to understand more on jave mapping.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/BeginnersguidetoJavamappingusingDOMparserinSAPXI

3) Delete the IDoc cache using transaction IDX2, after the IDoc is reimported.

Regards,

Sanjeev.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both for your answers, I'd like to give "Very helpful Answer" points to each but I can't (because of the forum, not for me), any way you point me in the right direction and I'm very grateful.

Kind regards,

Omar.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Omar,

first you have to finish ABAP part like adding two nodes in IDoc and writing logic for the same,once it done check eveyrhting perfect from ECC like genarating one sample IDoc with new nodes and check values populating or not.

after that follow steps suggested in previous replay.

if you want to write any logic for these two nodes,then JAVA mapping changes required,else no changes required in JAVA Mapping.

Regards,

Raj