cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heterogeneous system copy - r3load export does nothing

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm doing a heterogeneous central ABAP single stack system copy from NW 7.01 Windows/MAXDB to Windows/SQL Server. I downloaded and installed the latest kernel patch (level 153) as well as the latest system copy components (e.g. r3load.exe). I'm using the installation master NW 7.01 SR1 for SQL Server. The DB size is approximately 30GB.

However, when I initiate the export on the MAXDB host but it runs very quickly. Nothing happens even though sapinst reports everything ran successfully. The sapinst.log file has no errors in it. The sapinst program created a "ABAP" folder but there's nothing in it.

The SAPSYSTEMNAME environment variable and parameter are set and I've tried running sapinst with the SAPINST_USER_HOSTNAME parameter but to no avail.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Rex L. Farris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srikishan,

Thanks for the quick reply. The export was not even starting so there were no export logs. However, I discovered the resolution to the problem. I needed to set the Windows environment variable SAPINST_USE_HOSTNAME=<dbhost>. Prior to that, I had set the variable to <cihost> but that didn't work. After setting it to <dbhost>, the export started.

Thanks again.

Rex

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you check in the SAPInst directory if the export logs contain any errors?

Also the Export procedure consists of running a preparation steps (which creates the export directory structure) and then the actual database export step which fills the directories created. Make sure you have run both options from SAPInst.

Regards,

Srikishan