cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC6.0 on MSCS issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am installing ECC6.0 on windows 2008 MSCS clusters. I have completed the below task-

1) ASCS instance

2) MSCS in First Node

While installing Database instance system asked Database Host, I have given Node 1 physical hostname. Whether it is correct or I have to give virtual IP I created for database. Like at the time of First MSCS installation I have given Virtual Instance host for SAP. So, please let me know which Host name shall I give here physical host or virtual host.

My second issue is while installing Additinal MSCS while giving Sap system id, instance number and virtual instance number I am getting "An error occurred attempting to add the 'IND-SAP' node as a possible owner of the 'SAP IIP 00 Instance' resource. Error ID : '5007'. The cluster resource could not be found."

Initially all the cluster resources are in the 1st node then I move all cluster resuces to node 2, but also I am getting same error.

Please help.

Regards,

Sudip

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please take a note about this:

1.- During fail over the central services (SCS or/and ASCS, Database) are going to move. CI, DI or ERS are going to stay locally in every Node.

2.- So, SCS, ASCS and Database are the only installations where you will be using Virtual hostnames and in shared/cluster drive.

3.- CI, DI and ERS's are installed in Local Drives using Physical Hostnames.

4.- CI and DI should be using the same system number so when switching from one node to the other, users won´t be disconnected.

All my MSCS installations are done the same way and fail over works flwalessly, users don´t get disconnected and switch takes around 20 seconds between nodes.

When fail over takes place, CI or DI will stay up (depending in the Node that goes offline), same happens with ERS's so one Instance is giving service and as ERS is replicated user tx should not lost or disconnected unless timeout occurs.

Hope this clarifies your questions.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the quick answers. I already given database host name as physical host name of node 1 and all the installation is completed upto ERS (both node), central instance. In the installation guide is not written that database instance should have virtual host name. Like for ASCS is clearly written to use sapinst SAPINST_USE_HOSTNAME=virtual host name.

For SAP I created one virtual host where I have added 1 storage disk which I given at the time of ASCS installation and for DB also I created one more virtual host where I have added four storage disk.

Now please let me know what I have to do now. My installation completed with wrong database physical host name. So, for this small mistake I have to uninstall whole SAP and reinstall once again from beginning?

My other installations are ok including ASCS, First MSCS, Additional MSCS, ERS and central instance.

Please suggest what needs to be done now.

Regards,

Sudip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Now I am uninstalling whole ECC and I will reinstall once again for my small mistake DB host name. One more thing when I will install central instance (CI) which host name I have to give there. As CI will be install in local disk and I am going to keep it in my node 1. My doubt on CI is-

1. How the CI will move from node 1 to node 2 when switchover happens. If node 1 is down then how CI will work on node 2

2. What will be host name for CI. Physical host name of Node1 or here also I have to keep virtual host name.

Thanks,

Sudip

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

CI will be installed on local disk with your node 1 hostname and CI will not move to node 2 as CI is not SPOF. On node 2 you need to install dialog instance, so, in case your node 1 goes down then your DI will work.

Please read the installation guide first then start the installation.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

First of all Thank you very much for your help-

If I install DI in a seperate box other then node 1 and node 2 then it will be ok?

I mean that box will be application server.

In the installation document profile dirctory path is written as
<SAPGLOBALHOST>. In the installation document profile dirctory path is written as
<SAPGLOBALHOST>\sapmnt\<SID>\SYS\profile

I am installing ASCS in F drive so, profile directory will be F:\usr\sap\SID\SYS\profile. If I give this path in the profile direcory

path then any issues will be there? or I have to give
logical_host_name
sapmnt\<SID>\SYS\profile

The installtion document says to create a service for SAP under serice and application in clusters and add storage, so I created SAP IIP and assinged F: drive SAN storage in it.

But no where it is written in document that to create service for Oracle and assign SAN storage for DB. But I created a seperate service DB IIP and added G:,H:,I:,J: SAN storage for oracle database.

Regards,

Sudip

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

> If I install DI in a seperate box other then node 1 and node 2 then it will be ok?

> I mean that box will be application server.

Yes.

>

> In the installation document profile dirctory path is written as
<SAPGLOBALHOST>. In the installation document profile dirctory path is written as
<SAPGLOBALHOST>\sapmnt\<SID>\SYS\profile

>

> I am installing ASCS in F drive so, profile directory will be F:\usr\sap\SID\SYS\profile. If I give this path in the profile direcory

> path then any issues will be there? or I have to give
logical_host_name
sapmnt\<SID>\SYS\profile

>

SAPGLOBALHOST means virtual hostname of your ASCS instance.

> The installtion document says to create a service for SAP under serice and application in clusters and add storage, so I created SAP IIP and assinged F: drive SAN storage in it.

>

> But no where it is written in document that to create service for Oracle and assign SAN storage for DB. But I created a seperate service DB IIP and added G:,H:,I:,J: SAN storage for oracle database.

>

>

sapinst will do it.

Thanks

sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have one more doubt in the database instance installation in MSCS cluster-

1. What will be the Database home in the database instance installation step, As I have two database homes. One in Node 1 and another in Node 2. In the installation I have choosen virtual host name in Database host name filed.

2. How listener will be configured in a cluster invironment. As we know listener.ora, tnsnames.ora are getting stored in oracle_home and I have again two oracle_home in node 1 and node 2.

Regards,

Sudip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please clear my doubts, if anybody knows then please share your views.

And If ERS will be installed on local disk then why sapinst ask for virtual host name. It should be each node's physical host name.

Regards,

Sudip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I´m sorry for being so late in my responses, I'm doing 2 coworkers jobs because they are on Vacations and doing one EHP5 project also so I´ve being extremely busy this last days.

1. What will be the Database home in the database instance installation step, As I have two database homes. One in Node 1 and another in Node 2. In the installation I have choosen virtual host name in Database host name filed.

In both nodes your Oracle_Home will be pointing to local RDBMS installation.

2. How listener will be configured in a cluster invironment. As we know listener.ora, tnsnames.ora are getting stored in oracle_home and I have again two oracle_home in node 1 and node 2.

Here is the same, Listener services will be pointing to local drive on each cluster node and yes, listener.ora and tnsnames.ora will be local.

You install Oracle software in both nodes in local drives, then Database Instance is installed in shared drives, this implies all data files, reorg logs, archive logs, traces, sapbackup, etc.

Remember you need to do some changes for Oracle Fail safe in the cluster as per the Installation Guide.

Regards,

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sudip,

I am Also stuck in Virtual names during installation of SAP ECC6.0 and MAXDB 7.6 on windows 2008.

I have following Virtual Names:

Windows Cluster Group: SAPCLS

SAP Cluster group( ASCS cluster: ) : SAP AP1 Virtual Name: SAPAP1

for installing A(SCS) instance we gad used following Command:

sapinst SAPINST_USE_HOSTNAME=SAPAP1

with this our ASCS instance was installed successfully and also configured First ASCS installed.

Now when I started Installing Database Instance for first Host which virtual host mane should I use?

Should I create Cluster Group for Database Manually and then start ithe installation?

sapinst SAPINST_USE_HOSTNAME=<NODE1>

or

sapinst SAPINST_USE_HOSTNAME=<Virtual hostname of DB>

or

sapinst SAPINST_USE_HOSTNAME=<Virtual hostname of Cluster>

or

sapinst SAPINST_USE_HOSTNAME=<Virtual hostname of Firts SAP ASCS instance>

Please Help.

Regards,

Ritesh

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For database instance you should give virtual host name. Please follow steps from installation guide, all the steps are mentioned there.

Thanks

Sunny

former_member218805
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sudip,

The virtual hostname should be used during the installation of the Single Point-of-Failure instances, such as ASCS, as per the installation guide.

Regarding the issue with the resource not found, please, confirm that you've followed the steps from the note below:

#1490337 - High Availability SAP System on Windows Server 2008 (R2)

You can refer to section "SAP systems based on SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SR3 and SAP systems based on SAP

NetWeaver 7.0 EHP1 SR1".

Also, when you run the command line "cluster.exe res", do you see the resource "SAP IIP 00 Instance"?

If the issue persists, please, copy and paste the part of 'sapinst_dev.log' which contains the issue and also clarify whether you are using Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2.

Best Regards,

Alessandro Parolin