Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

ECC6.0 on MSCS issue

Hi,

I am installing ECC6.0 on windows 2008 MSCS clusters. I have completed the below task-

1) ASCS instance

2) MSCS in First Node

While installing Database instance system asked Database Host, I have given Node 1 physical hostname. Whether it is correct or I have to give virtual IP I created for database. Like at the time of First MSCS installation I have given Virtual Instance host for SAP. So, please let me know which Host name shall I give here physical host or virtual host.

My second issue is while installing Additinal MSCS while giving Sap system id, instance number and virtual instance number I am getting "An error occurred attempting to add the 'IND-SAP' node as a possible owner of the 'SAP IIP 00 Instance' resource. Error ID : '5007'. The cluster resource could not be found."

Initially all the cluster resources are in the 1st node then I move all cluster resuces to node 2, but also I am getting same error.

Please help.

Regards,

Sudip

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi,

CI will be installed on local disk with your node 1 hostname and CI will not move to node 2 as CI is not SPOF. On node 2 you need to install dialog instance, so, in case your node 1 goes down then your DI will work.

Please read the installation guide first then start the installation.

Thanks

Sunny

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question