cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup utility call failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I upgraded recently the Oracle database from 10.2.0.4 to 11.2.0.2. (on AIX )

Since then, the backups do not more function correctly.

As in the BRBACKUP Action Log for Database, the following errors occured:

- BR0232E 0 of 90 files saved by backup utility

- BR0231E Backup utility call failed

- Cannot reopen backint log file as stderr

So, I checked the permissions for /usr/sap/DIS/SYS/exe/run/backint, the path and permission are set properly.

I checked the also log '/nsr/applogs/backintSID.log' and I noted that the system does not write any more in this file since last successful backup (befor the Upgrade)

Many Thanks in advance for your help

NB : according to the SAP Note 948294, I deleted the options cio, dio in /etc/filesystems

Best regards

Latif

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Orkun,

I renamed backintSID.log and started a new backup, it seems to work well.

Many Thanks for your precious help.

Kind regards

Latif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Orkun,

Hi Eric,

@Orkun

My current Br*tools version is : BR0651I BRTOOLS 7.10 (30). I upgraded an other DEV System before, it has the same BRTOOLS version as my test system, and the backup works well.

@Eric

I run the saproot.sh SID.

unfortunately it doesn't help.

Thanks

Latif

Former Member
0 Kudos

>> @Orkun

My current Br*tools version is : BR0651I BRTOOLS 7.10 (30). I upgraded an other DEV System before, it has the same BRTOOLS version as my test system, and the backup works well.

Firstly, rename backintSID.log to backintSID.log.1 and start a new backup. By doing so, the system will try to create a new trace file. If it is not able to create trace file, check the permissions of its directory(/nsr/applogs). At the end of this operation, could you provide full trace?

Secondy, even you are able to execute the brtools 7.10 on your dev system, I still strongly recommend update it to 7.20. Check the note 12741 - Current versions of BRTools and SAPDBA

Thirdly, is brbackup forked by a 3rd party backup application or manually at the OS level by orasid user?

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Edited by: Orkun Gedik on Aug 9, 2011 1:32 PM

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would run saprrot.sh

search on the web to learn how to use saproot.sh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Latif,

Needless to say that you checked the permission of trace directories. With the Oracle 11g you should use BRTools 720. What is your current Brtools version?

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik