cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMSY Technical System Delete and Clean-up

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to completely delete a SID from Solution Manager: SMSY technical system, projects, logical components,ChaRM, CCMS, tansport routes, SMD, SLD, etc. I am looking for clean-up documentation. Is there a document(s) which will describe a logical progression to remove an obsolete SID? Logically, removing CCMS and Wily monitoring can occur first. A manual delete of the technical system from the SLD next? Then delete projects and logical components? A good chronological order for steps like these would be very helpful. I'd like to avoid problems with workflow and system batch jobs.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Loenard,

I don't think there is any job or program to do this. Best thing to do is if your system to be deleted is still running and is still sending data to solman SLD from RZ70 then disable this by removing the hostname data and save it. this isolates the system to be removed. next in SMSY, remove system from the product landscape from "logical components" list and then you can remove the system from product systems under "landscape components". here you may need reload the product landscape in solution landscape if it doesn't go away itself. if it gives issues then you can use the "where used" button and that tells you where it is still assigned and remove it from there.

hope this helps

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mani. I did not have RZ70 as part of my ABAP cleanup. I am trying to establish the highest level continencies to the lowest level when removing a SID. An SAP system delete best practice type document or list. I don't want to be caught trying to backtrack. For example: maybe "where used" list is the very first step. Then projects can be examined, saved or deleted. Then logical components get deleted, then the SLD technical system delete, then the system gets deleted from Solman project landscapes. Somehow ChaRM also fits in here. I haven't seen any such best practice document or note.