Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structural: Restrict old InfoType data for New Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

We would like to control the following example via structural authorizations

An employee transfers from Org Unit A to Org Unit B. The employee sat in Org Unit A from 08/01/2006 to 05/31/2010. The employee then moved to Org Unit B with the dates 06/01/2010 through 12/31/9999.

Each manager should be able to view any infotype data of that employee during the duration the employee is/was sitting in their department. The manager of Org A should be able to view any Infotype record that was valid between 08/01/2006 and 05/31/2010. The manager of Org B should be able to view any Infotype record that is valid from 06/01/2010 to the current date.

The way it works in our system now is the manager of Org Unit A can see all records from 05/31/2010 and back. The manager of org unit B can see all infotype data for the employee including the time the employee was sitting in org unit A.

For some reason the end date is being recognized for the old manager, but the begin date is not being accounted for for the new manager in org unit B as he is able to see the Infotype data associated to the time the employee was in org unit A.

I've read about the Period of Responsibility and Time Logic. Time logic seems to be a configured grace period which is not possible because we always want the previous managers to have access to the data of the employee while they were sitting in their department.

When I go in OOSB for the managers I'm able to see the correct Begin and End date for the employee.

I know we can restrict the actual "Person" from the old manager, but can we restrict the Infotype records associated to the person as well?

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Quite often I have seen the requirement that new manager should see the past as he is now the manager but that the old manager should not see anything current (but still the data when employee was in his/her organisation) after the employee has moved on. I was able to resolve this by playing around with column Period in structural profile (OOSP). It has following values:

' ' = ALL

D = Keydate

M = Current month

Y = Current year

P = Past

F = Future.

Have you tried that option? Basically it should be possible to use that to restrict also in infotype level by creating two structural profiles with different period parameters and by using context solution (P_ORGINCON) but that might be bit too heavy solution.

Another thing would be to check the infotype settings from view V_T582A. On each infotypes general attributes you can see checkbox Access auth. If infotype doesn't have tick on that box it means that user can access the infotype if he/she had, has or will have access to the data.

Dates in OOSB are only to restrict the structural profile assignment so that will not fix your problem. Both managers should have same structural profile anyway if it's made dynamic using function RH_GET_MANAGER_ASSIGNMENT.

Hope I understood your problem right and I was able to help you a bit forward..

's