Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Call configuration Nodes AC10.0

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have got a version of GRC 10.0 installed with SP4.

In the IMG, I am unable to call the GRC -> Access Controls -> Workflow for Access Controls -> "Define Business Rule Framework". There are no error messages but the IMG node just does not open any configuration screens or application.

Have you guys encountered this before or got any solutions for it?

Simon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon

You can access teh same using transaction BRF+. There could be 2 possibility which might be causing this issue. (1) Host file entry for your GRC server is not maintained in your desktop or (2) You have not assigned administrator role to your self.

Thanks.

Anjan Pandey

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anjan

I tried transaction BRF+ with no joy. I also ran a trace and checked su53 without seeing any authorisation errors.

Where should the hostname be defined? We're using Linux as the operating system and so use a direct script login rather than the windows gui.

Incidentally, I tried calling BRF and that worked but it is really not the straightforward mechanism for developing these rules.

Similarly, I had an issue with the MSMP config node which ended in a runtime error. I was forced into using transaction GRFNMW_CONFIGURE instead which is again, far from ideal.

Cheers mate,

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I tried transaction BRF+ with no joy. I also ran a trace and checked su53 without seeing any authorisation errors.

> Where should the hostname be defined? We're using Linux as the operating system and so use a direct script login rather than the windows gui.

Please copy the roles SAP_GRAC_ALL & SAP_GRAC_NWBC and create custom roles and add it to your access. You may also need to create a role with transaction BRF+ and assign it to yourself.

In your desktop you need to browse to system32\drivers\etc and open the hosts file to maintain the entry for your GRC server. Your BASIS admin consultant might help you to locate/maintain this file on your desktop.

> Incidentally, I tried calling BRF and that worked but it is really not the straightforward mechanism for developing these rules.

> Similarly, I had an issue with the MSMP config node which ended in a runtime error. I was forced into using transaction GRFNMW_CONFIGURE instead which is again, far from ideal.

What is the support pack level of the GRC 10.0 instance installed. You might need to upgrade it to SP04 or SP05 (which is the latest).

All MSMP configurations can be done through the webdynpro screen itself. You dont need to go to transaction

GRFNMW_CONFIGURE to make the changes. To access the webdynpro screen go to transaction SPRO --> Governance, Risk & Compliance --> Access Control --> Workflow for Access Control --> Maintain MSMP Workflows

Thanks.

Anjan Pandey

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anjan,

Thanks for responding again but as mentioned previously, I have got all the necessary auths including the roles you mentioned.

Similarly, I am on version SP04 and able to find the appropriate configuration nodes, its just that they are not working!!

Also, the operating system is LINUX not windows and therefore the hosts file location is also not applicable in this case.

It is not a problem connecting to the system itself as I can connect to both gui and NWBC but it appears to be an issue whereby SAP cannot launch the NWBC based applications directly.

I cannot execute NWBC in the SAP system and have to open the web browser and link to the application manually.

I suspect this is a Basis / linux issue rather than GRC Application functionality so maybe I'll post it over there.

Cheers

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon

Please work with your BASIS team or raise a message to SAP to resolve your issue.

Thanks.

Anjan pandey

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

All,

I have managed to resolve this by fundamentally changing the way in which we connect to the system. We are now using SAP Router as the connection mechanism and therefore able to use the PC laptop's own browsers to call the transactions directly.

THis by passes the Linux connectivitiy issues encountered previously.

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Do you mean you can just call the function (e.g. BRF+) via URL but not directly in IMG?

Is there any way to call NWBC or Webdynpro direct in GRC 10 ABAP System by using of SAP Router?

Thanks!

Ying

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ying,

This was a technical issue with the install of the system with the network configuration of the server. It was blocking a direct call to a webbrowser when working on the linux gnome-session. However, we now connect directly from windows using SAP router to get to the server and have had no problems since.

Once logged into the Gui, simply entering NWBC or BRF+ works fine!

S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

thank you for your reply.

However, I still don't understand how the SAP Router solves this issue.

If I enter the nwbc or brf+ in GUI, the web browser get the URL: http:// <default_host>:port/sap/public.... , but because of using sap router, the name of default_host is "changed", so the URL can also not be opened.

Would you explain, how do you using SAP Router to slove the problem?

Thank you very much.

Ying

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ying,

As mentioned, we use SAP router to connect via our windows laptops now. The issue wasa only found when we had to VNC onto the Linux server and then login directly from there. By using SAP router we managed to configure the system to accept remote connections and could use our own laptops which then did not have the problem calling the URLs and opening the web-browser automatically.]

Simon

Answers (0)