Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintaining Remote key in look up tables for Production data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

me

SEE in DEV and QA to maintain the Remote key for Look up tables.First i have exported those look up table values and again imported with mapping Remote keys (clone the field and map it to Remote key.). By this i have maintained the Remote keys to all look up tables. Now for Production what should i do. Is it the same process extract all records from production into our desktop and then again import it using IM, clone the field and map it to Remote key.

1. Is this the right process?

2. What happens if there are huge data present in production how to proceed furthr then?

Required your suggestion please.

Thanks,

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member207367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

What ever your doing is correct go ahead that is correct process... if you have huge data then the create Port and a map for remote system using MDIS import the data...

regards

Sowseel

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I get your concern,yes you can either import through port as Sowseel suggested and you can also do it manually for large data.

I guess large data i not very huge,as it would be a performance overhead for MDM.

If need be you can break it into chunks of 15000-20000 and import meticulously.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all.

Pradeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Pradeep,

I dont see any problem with this method if I am getting it right

You are updating remote keys by reimporting lookup data, and this way you have multiple remote keys for data in lookup table,right?

This will help you to automap entries in Import process for different Remote systems.

I did not get your 2nd point?

Thanks,

Ravi