cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB identifier mismatch with data volujme and log volume

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to perform backup and restore test on linux (maxdb database ) ECC 6.0 system.

I have taken the backup of (i.e data , incremental and log backups ) on one system.

Then created a new system with same host name, SID and instance number.

Then i Performed to restore the database on the new system in the ADMIN mode.

First i done the data then incremental backup. These are successful on the new system.

But when i performed the log backup it gives the following error as :

Db identifier mismatches with data volume and log volume.

Database then goes to offline state.

How to perform the successful log backup ?

Thanks

Srikanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please check knldiag log file, and put the details present it in.

Please also paste the content of dbm.prt - just to check if DB was made online after restore of incremental backup.

Edited by: GuyNew on Aug 8, 2011 3:22 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to perform restore with recovery with re-initialization option on the new machine.

Regards,

Sahil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, when i excute db_online command, getting following error message :::

dbmcli on <SID>>db_online

ERR

-24988,ERR_SQL: SQL error

-9407,System error: unexpected error

3,Database state: OFFLINE

20028,DBIdentifier of DataVolume (<hostname>:<SID>_20110720_071442) and LogVolume (<hostname>:<SID>_20110805_055636) does not match

8,Log- and data area are not compatible because 'The DB Identifiers are not equal'.

20028,Initialization of log for 'restart' failed with 'LogAndDataIncompatible'

---

How to make my Database online???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you are performing restore on the new machine you have to restore with recovery with initialization option.

for this you have to first create template on the new machine using DBMGUI or DBMCLI for complete_bkp/incremental_bkp and log_bkp's.

It will first restore complete backup after that incremental backup and after that all the available log backups will be applied.After that you will be able to make in online mode.

You can perform this either using dbmgui or dbmcli.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d1/b386654dc211d4aa1100a0c9430730/frameset.htm

Regards,

Sahil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have created the backup medium before doing all the backups. Complete and incremental backup are completed successfully, but while doing log backup i am getting error. Then after database not able to come to ONLINE state. Its only in either OFFLINE or ADMIN.

Now how can perform again completed data backup as you mentioned with recover with intialization option?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

login from dbmgui and goto recovery tab..there u will find the recovery with intilization option use that one and go ahead.

Regards,

Sahil

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont have dbmgui, can you tell me how can i execute with the dbmcli command?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sahil,

I have successfully performed db_activate recover . Then i am able to get db into ONLINE state.

But when i try to login SAP GUI , it shows license expiry.. Not able to login with any user either sap* or ddic?

Thanks

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sahil,

At last i solved , able to login by changing date , i have not done the new license because its just for the sake of testing backup.

Thanks for your help !