cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Time Based Disaggregation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SCM Gurus,

I am using Time Based Disaggregation in DP. I have used APODPDANT as the reference KeyFigure and used the type as K.

I have calculate the proportions using MC8V. But when I am disaggregating the data from Year to Month then system is disaggreagting the data equally in each monthly bucket which is wrong.Proportions are not calculated accurately in APODPDANT keyFigure.

Let me explain with example:

I have KF 'Contracted Amount' and for that used reference KF as APODPDANT.

Now APODPDANT is getting calculated from the KF 'Actual Sales Hist'.

In MC8V I have used Prop Cal type as 'Detailed Proportion' and periodcity as 'M'. But system is generating equal proportions where as the data in 'Actual Sales Hist' in not in equal proportions in the bucket.

Can anybody please throw some light on this issue?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

This may because you do not set the structural disaggregation type also as 'based on other key figure'.

I think note 410680 explains time-based disaggregation very well. Please review the note.

Best Regards,

Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the answers.

Just wanted to confirm that structural disaggregation type also has been set as P 'based on other key figure'.

I have used the same Kf APODPDANT here.

here is the scenario:

I have a KF 'Contracted Amount' for which Calculation Type and Time Based Disagg type has been set as P,K respectively.

The reference KF is set as APODPDANT in both the fields.

Now the proportions has been generated based on KF ' Actual Sales' for which Calculation Type and Time Based Disagg type has been set as S,P respectively. I put some value at detailed level in KF ' Actual Sales' and saved that. So now the values in monthly bucket for KF 'Actual sales' is not equal and they have different proportions.

Put Zero in APODPDANT to delete the existing proportions and saved that.

I executed T-code MC8V to store the proportions in APODPDANT. Set Proportion Calc Type as Detailed Proportions and periodicity as 'M'.

Now I put some value in KF 'Contracted Amount' in Yearly bucket in a seperate data View and Saved that. This quantity should get disaggregated in the proportions of KF ' Actual Sales' in monthly bucket . But it got disaggregated in equal proportions.

Actually when I ran MC8V , equal proportions are generated in APODPDANT for each monthly bucket whereas the quantities are not equal in each monthly bucket of KF ' Actual Sales' .

Please let me know if i am missing anything.

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the planning area, you can directly use your KF ' Actual Sales' as the reference KF instead of APODPDANT. In this way, you need not calculate proportional factor in separate step. Whatever the value you put in the KF 'Contracted Amount' will be disaggregate as per the disaggregation of the KF 'Actual Sales' automatically.

please try and revert.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manimaran,

Actually you are right. I tried that before and it worked.

But in that case , I will not be able to show the proportions to the users and they will not get the chance to modify teh proportions if required.

Also I wanted to know why the standard t-code MC8V is not working . Does this T-code not consistent?

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please correct me if I am wrong. As of my knowledge, the proportional factor calculation by MC8V is for structure based disaggregation only. That is why the proportional factor doesnt work for time based aggregation. please check.

Have you displayed the KF APODPDANT and analyzed this?

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes..I have displayed and analysed APODPDANT. It is distributing in equal proportions for Time Based disaggregation.

I think you are right..MC8V is for structure based disaggregation.In Time Based Disaggregation it does not work.

Actually it is not written in SAP help that MC8V is only for structure based disaggregation.

Now I have modified the planning Area : For Time Based disaggregation I have used KF 'Actual Sales' and for structure based disaggregation KF APODPDANT is set.

Now the KF 'Contracted Amount' is showing the right result

Anyways thanks a lot for your help.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit,

For your scenarios, it is correct to have time-based aggregation as K which is nothing but Disaggregation based on another key figure, however it is equally important to have calculation type as 'P'. Please verify the same.

If possible, please elaborate your problem in details, perhaps details about MC8V variant and "Keyfig Aggn" tab details from MSDP_ADMIN for those said keyfigures will help too.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare