cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free item issued upon purchase of another by client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All;

In our sales operations when a customer buys certain types of material, for each unit he buys, he is offered a free item of another type. For example, if a customer buys an item A, he is offered another of type A1, but is not charged for it.

A sales order is created for only item A, but during delivery creation, the system picks both item A and A1. When invoicing both A and A1 are shown on the document, but the value of A1 is not included in the cost.

Kindly help me understand the settings i need to make in order to have this work.

Thanks in advance.

Richard.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Your explanation fits in standard SAP Free Goods Configurations. I dont see anything different in it.

Just follow SAP Standard Config for Free Goods & your requirement will get fulfilled.

You can also search the forum & you will get many threads explaning the basic Free Goods Config.

Hope this clarifies,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

mohan_goru
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this scenario we can use the free foods exclusive there we will get the sub item in the form of TANN which is an free item

If we will go for Inclsive we will get 91 here in Exclusive we will get 101 this item may be the same or other

TRy this it might help you

This might help u..,

Regards,

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In standerd SAP free goods concept, free goods cost will get post to accounts and price will not get post, but,in some times client don't require the cost posting to accounts,in such senarios we can remove the cost element from movement type so that cost will not get post,so in your case since the cost is not getting post to the accounts,check in movement type whether cost element is assigned or removed.

check in free goods itemcategory whether determine cost field has checked or not,if it is not checked ,the cost of free goods item will not appear in sales order and invoice.

Thanks

Siva.k

od_manikandan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai Richard,

Please check

And please do config and post the error if any.

Regards,

Mani