cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No item generated for packaging material in delivery - packing (how?)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to customize packing for deliveries. I would like to have the packaging material as a line item in the delivery. I know this is possible but I can't seem to make it happen.

I have already ticked "Gen. pack.matl item" in my delivery type. Also, I have selected in the packaging type "B Item generation in first packed delivery" for "generatedlvItms" option.

Now, in the delivery after I packed the items, no line item was generated in the delivery for the packaging material. The "No. of Packages" in item overview is correct and the status is "C" completely packed. Btw, I am using manual packing here.

Is there some more configurations I missed here?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Edited by: Ritchie Caleb Chua on Aug 9, 2011 3:53 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Follow up question above.

Edited by: iritchie on Aug 10, 2011 9:11 AM

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you maintain delivery item category determination (SM30 + T184L; take care of the usage, it should be "PACK" for your to be created item)?

Additionally, if you want to generate the packing items automatically, you have to maintain packing instruction as well as packing instruction determination (POP1/POP2/POP3 and POF1/POF2/POF3).

This also may need soime config (SPRO > Logistics - General > HUM > Automatic Packaging)

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Aug 9, 2011 8:16 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Yup, I already maintained item category determination.

LFVERPPACK+HUPM/DLN

We are just looking at manual packing so automatic packing will not be a requirement.

It seems that I have already enabled all the neccessary configs, but still can't get the packaging material as a line item in the delivery doc.

Thanks for your response.

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I assume that your basic HU configuration and master data have to be ok because you are able to pack your goods.

1) Are you able to add your item w/o HUM (=not by creating a HU, just adding the material as a simple item) to the delivery? /For this you need define a record in T184L (where usage "PACK" is not there)/.

If you are able it means that e.g. your delivery copy control settings are ok (V_TVCPLAK; delivery type: LF and sales doc type: DL --> HUPM/DLN item categories in your case)

2) If you are able to

- create the handling unit manually in the delivery

- add the packing item to the delivery (w/o HUM) and also have the T184L with usage "PACK"

- item generation is maintained for your packing material time "A" or "B" in field V_TVTY-KZPGN

- plant determination for packing material type ("A" or "B" in field V_TVTY-WERFD)

it should work in my opinion (for delivery type LF).

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Aug 9, 2011 1:37 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your info. I tried doing as you say, entering the packaging material directly in the delivery and I got an error. It led me to the delivery doc type item routine. Set to 202 to allow line item that is not included in an SO.

I have a follow up question. I already maintained stocks for the packaging material and when doing packing in delivery, plant and sto. loc is entered in the HU. Saved the delivery and checked the stocks MMBE. No stocks were moved to reserved. When I checked the delivery, packaging material line item has 2 quantites but 0.00 open quantites. How do I make it the reduce from the stocks when issuing packaging materials.

Thanks for your help!