cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to add MDM JAVA API and MDM JAVA WD FRAMEWORK SCAs into NWDI track

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We use NWDI 7.0 SP 13 version. We are developing on CE 7.2.

We have created track on NWDI and now want to import 2 SCAs as MDM JAVA API and MDM JAVA WD FRAMEWORK into this track. Import is faling with error as "Archive does not have source in it". Any pointers how to put these into the Track?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinandan,

did my instructions helped to you? If yes, I kindly ask you to mark the thread as answered.

Thank you and Best Regards,

Ervin

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not familiar with the content of these SCs, but are you sure they are available for customers for modification?

Anyway, you can find out this easily. rename the SCA to ZIP and extract it. Now check the content. Can you see a folder named SOURCEARCHIVES? If yes, then the SC can be modified by customers. If not, and you can see folders like BUILDARCHIVES and/or DEPLOYARCHIVES, then the SC cannot be modified by you, it can be imported into the track as non-developed software. This case I recommend you to contact MDM forum to find out which SCs -- delivered by MDM -- can be changed by you.

One other hint: If you mark a SC as "Developed" (in CMS -- Landscape Configurator -- Track Data tab) AND the SC ha no sources (see above explanation) then at import NWDI will inform you about this with the error message like "sources are not contained in the archive", but since you received the error "Archive does not have source in it" I assume the situation is rather that the SC really has no sources inside by intention. Most likely that SC is used only as a build plugin (BUILDARCHIVES) for your MDM development.

Best Regards,

Ervin

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have you added those two SC as dependent SC?

put those two sca in the inbox of your cms, import to the dev and qa. you will be good.