cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After migrating to MaxDB database we are having some missing indexes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have done database migration from Oracle 10g to MaxDB 7.7 with dual stack i.e. ABAP + JAVA system.

During migration we have not got any errors. But when i check from db02 t-code i am able to see there are 165 missing indexes and one DB table (/MAXDB/INDEXSTATEMENTS) as unknown object in ABAP dictionary. When i try to create the index manually it says index already exists.

Please let me know how to recreate those indexes i.e. to delete all those 165 indexes and recreate them. And also how to fix the unknown table (/MAXDB/INDEXSTATEMENTS).

Thanks,

Narendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

There is a SAP Note matching with your issue, please check, if it helps.

Please check this note :

[Note 780043 - Additional "/MAXDB/INDEX*" tables exist in the system|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/780043]

For index creation please checkout the link for further information

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/MaxDB/MaxDBIndex(Secondary+Key)

If you want to give another try, you can use MaxDB Database Manager to create missing indexes.

But still, I thing most relevant is this note already mentioned in previous reply.

[Note 898358 - R3load: Entries remain in "/MAXDB/INDEXSTATEMENTS"|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/898358]

symptom:After you use R3load, indexes are missing on the database, and there are still entries in the "/MAXDB/INDEXSTATEMENTS" table.

Thanks

Edited by: GuyNew on Aug 9, 2011 9:22 AM

Edited by: GuyNew on Aug 9, 2011 9:26 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you guys for the reply...

But the problem is still not resolved.

Earlier there were 415 missing indexes so i ran the mass indexes creation from DB02 and it ran successfully but when i later check there were still showing 165 missing indexes. When i try to re-create those 165 indexes i am getting index name already exist. Please let me know how to recreate those 165 indexes.

And also the /MAXDB/INDEXSTATEMENTS DB table is showing as an Unknown objects in ABAP Dictionary. Do you want me to delete this table?

And also i tried "R3load -create_queued_indexes" but getting error as below i have used latest R3load.

test05:sidadm 22> R3load -create_queued_indexes

sapparam: sapargv( argc, argv) has not been called.

sapparam(1c): No Profile used.

sapparam: SAPSYSTEMNAME neither in Profile nor in Commandline

R3load: START OF LOG: 20110809030619

R3load: sccsid @(#) $Id: //bas/700_REL/src/R3ld/R3load/R3ldmain.c#21 $ SAP

R3load: version R7.00/V1.4 [UNICODE]

Compiled Nov 13 2010 01:14:48

R3load -create_queued_indexes

(DB) INFO: connected to DB

(DB) INFO: disconnected from DB

R3load: job completed

R3load: END OF LOG: 20110809030633

And also in above errror as it is saying sapparam: SAPSYSTEMNAME neither in Profile nor in Commandline. But it is in profile i have checked with env settings and it is there SAPSYSTEMNAME as SID.

Thanks,

Narendra

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Narendra,

Hope you are doing good.

Have you had a look at sap note: 898358 to create the missing indexes. Most likely such a situation might happen when not all

R3load processes/packages finished cleanly and the deferred process for index creation did not start.

Please also refer to SAP note:

#1464560 - FAQ: R3load in MaxDB

12. Which MaxDB database parameters promote the performance of the

R3load import?

13. How many parallel R3load processes should be selected for the

import?

Thank you and have a nice day :).

Kind Regards,

Hemanth

SAP AGS