Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO between Websphere and NetWeaver Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi @all

I have a question to the SSO Configuration between SAP Netwaever Portal and IBM Websphere Portal.

We used the Guide "How to Set up SSO between IBM Websphere Portal and SAP EP using JAAS" and configured the both systems like the How to guide describe the scenario. But it do not work.

I login to the Websphere Portal and the "WSP Portlet" give back the logged in username/my username. Then I navigate to the Webpage portlet to use the SAP BW Query from SAP NetWever Portal* and the Logon screen is displayed. The webpage portlet dont use the username from WSP portlet.

• This is the URL of the webpage portlet:

http://host:port/irj/portal/interop?NavigationTarget=pcd:portal_content/com.bio.bi.F_BI_Test/com.bio...

We have all configured like the How to paper is describe. Is there an additional configuration step wich is not describe in the How to paper?

Has anybody an tip or an idea?

Thanks.

Thomas

8 REPLIES 8

vijay_kumar49
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Please follow these this Documents for SSO Between SAP NetWeaver Portal and IBM WebSphere.

[How to Set Up SSO Between SAP NetWeaver Portal and IBM WebSphere Portal Using Trust Association Interceptor|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/404e655d-0401-0010-2388-cb588a3eb029]

And Please look at [SSO - SAP Netweaver Portal and IBM Websphere Portal|/thread/1798972 [original link is broken]; and [SSO between WebSphere Web Application and SAP abap stack|;

Hope this helps!!

Regards

Vijay

former_member201257
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are your SAP Portal and BW systems in the same domain ?

Are you using the Fully Qualified host names in your configuration ?

Are the user ids the same in Websphere and Enterprise portal ?

These 3 conditions should be met for this approach to work correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VijaySAPEP ,

the document you are named is using the TAI method. As fa as I am aware, this method is using when the SAP NW is the leading portal. In our company the IBM Websphere portal ist the leading portal an should consume content from SAP NW portal. Thats the reason why we implemented the JAAS method.

Do you have other information about the both methods?

Thanks and best regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shanti Mupkala,

thanks fpr your tip. We have noticed the 3 conditions. Both systems have the same domain name and the full qualified host names are stored in the configuration. And the user ID is also the same.

When I have a look in the portal log (defaultTrace_00.trc) i see that the JAAS module was called and initialized but the token has value null and the session coockie named WSJSESSIONID is also null.

It looks like that the values from WSP portal not given to NW portal.

Best regards

Thomas

0 Kudos

Hi Shanti Mupkala,

thanks for your tip. We have noticed the 3 conditions. Both systems have the same domain name and the full qualified host names are stored in the configuration. And the user ID is also the same.

When I have a look in the portal log (defaultTrace_00.trc) i see that the JAAS module was called and initialized but the token has value null and the session coockie named WSJSESSIONID is also null.

Best regards

Thomas

Edited by: Anja Engelhardt on Aug 9, 2011 1:50 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Shanti Mupkala,

thanks for your tip. We have noticed the 3 conditions. Both systems have the same domain name and the full qualified host names are stored in the configuration. And the user ID is also the same.

Best regards

Thomas

That is the log from SAP Portal 7.3:

JAAS SSO Module - Initializing done ...

Login Method called ...

Try to get Ltpa Token and Session Value from Cookie ...

Try to load a LTPA Cookie named: LtpaToken

Running getCookieValue ...

Parameter LtpaToken has value nWCwS0ByBLGXnLpZTKTQ4QZkdt7...

I am returning following value nWCwS0ByBLGXnLpZTKTQ4QZkdt7cL...

The value of the LTPA Cookie named is: nWCwS0ByBLGXnLpZTKTQ4QZkdt7cLdbj....

Try to load a Session Cookie named: WSJSESSIONID

Running getCookieValue ...

Parameter WSJSESSIONID has value null

I am returning following value null

The value of the Session Cookie named is: null

No Values for Session and LTPA-Token found ...

JAAS SSO Module - Initializing done ...

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Were you able to use JAAS module SSO between  SAP EP 7.3 and IBM Websphere.

If yes kindly give a brief idea of what config is needed from SAP  End.

Thanks,

Prajakta  

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.