cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in e sourcing 7.0, RFx->Line Items

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

We are implementing SAP e Sourcing 7.0. In order to get familiar with the new functionalities, I am trying to cretae a Rfx with dummy materials and vendors.In Line Items tab, it seems now we first have to add a group within which further materials could be added (free text or from material master ).

I have create a group lets say "Default" within which I am trying to add materials.My issue is whenever I try to add a material either free text or from material master by clicking on "Add" or "Add Material", I get the following error:

There is no default Unit of Measure defined for the category_is of \'No Dimension\'.

Anybody faced a similar error? what would be the possible reasons. Kindly advice.

Regards

Mudit Saini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Mudit,

When you add a line item, I think the system is trying to set the default UOM of category No Dimension for the line item. I would first make sure the category No Dimension exists in your system. No Dimension is a Value List Value under Value List Type Unit Catgeory. Now, try adding a UOM of category No Dimension. You can take a look at the units tab on the enterprise workbook in RG as a reference.

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram

I did take a look at Unit Category but I hadn't created "No Dimension" as one. Instead I had Dimensionless. So to resolve the issue I had to create No dimension as well

After assigning it to one of the unit of measure and making it the primary unit of measure for the same, I was able to resolve the issue but it is strange why there are two unit categoriesNo Dimension and Dimensionless which I think imply the same thing.

Moreover why No dimension category ID is sought in RFx while adding a material is also not clear. this doesn't happen in case of auctions and also in E Sourcing 5.1 we didn't have this precondition.

Anywz thanks for your reply

Regards

Mudit Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

what is the difference between No Dimension, dimensionless and (no dimensions).

Is it hardcoded in the system to look for No Dimension? As soon as the Value List is updated it works, but I would like to understand it a bit more (having trouble to explain the difference between No Dimension, dimensionless and (no dimensions) to the customer).

We have an inherited system where the Unit Category has been set to (no dimensions) instead of No Dimension; which is causing problems when adding Line Item's to an RFX and creating Auctions.

/Anita

0 Kudos

I just came across this issue and realized what's happening. The Application is now hardcoded to look for the Unit Category of 'No Dimension' in 7.0. This is a change from previous versions where it was looking for 'Dimensionless'

therefore, in an upgrade scenario, the category called 'No Dimension' gets created but there will be no UOMs assigned to it. Thus the error.

An alternate workaround is to rename the unit category VLV to 'No DimensionX' and make sure 'Dimensionless' is the first one in the selection list.

Then the application will not find 'No Dimension' and see that Dimensionless is the default Unit Category with a primary assigned.

I'm not sure why the change from 'Dimensionless' to 'No Dimension' but maybe the integration had something to do with it.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved