Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User dependent parameter rdisp/max wprun time

ki-uk_lee
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Global Experts,

I know a parameter "rdisp/max_wprun_time(default:600)" defines the maximum time for which a DW process can take to process a dialog step.

But I want to allow only specific users to use dialog process longer(unlimited time out).

Is it possible to allow a specific user to run long running time while the parameter is set to 600?

Best Regards,

Lee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

I do not think this is possible. Would be best to run such time consuming steps in the background.

Or, if it is really required - the user can be assigned a dedicated application server.

Regards,

Srikishan

ki-uk_lee
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Srikishan,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Is it possible to set the other way?

System setting - unlimited time out

Specific User - limited time out

Best Regards,

Lee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

Sorry, again the answer would be no.. The time out is specified by this parameter and the same is instance wide.

Hence it is not possible to customize it user-specific using profile parameters. Another alternative would be to have a custom ABAP program for the same - but yes if it is really required.

Regards,

Srikishan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

It is not possible, if you increase the parameter value rdisp/max_wprun_time , it will effected on whole system and all the user.

I suggeted to you please check that perticular query which is taking lot of time.

And apply the trace through ST01 and check . If required do indexing with the help of Abaper.

Regards

Pranay Agarwal

venkata_emandi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Ask the user to run his job in background to over come this issue.

No specific parameter for the same.

Thanks

venkata