Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not passing between two Views in FPM-GAF

carlin_willams
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All

I have first screen (view) configured with Initial screen and second view with main step using FPM GAF. But data is not passing from first screen to second screen. All views/Windows contains in the one component.

Example: In First Screen contains Employee Data in table , selecting the row clicks on button it is navigating to other screen (Mainstep) BUT selected data is not passing.

BR

-CW

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess this is nothing to do with FPM problem. If the views/windows are from same component then check the context mapping between these views (I guess the view context is mapped to the component controller context ).

Debug and see .

carlin_willams
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Baskaran....

Thankyou for response

I have component structure like below

1) Parent Component contains all business logic, nodes and Views having View Container Elements (This view Container elements embeds from the below Child Components), this parent component is attached to FPM.

2) Child component contains all View development and nodes inherits from the above parent componet Vai Interface Contoller.

From FPM Intial Screen of data is not passing to the second screen. Where as in other Steps data is passing.

FPM->Parent Component->Child Component (Data is not coming in child component from Intial screen).

I am sure that mapping nodes and others done correctly.

Could you please tell why data is not passing from FPM Intial screen to next main step

BR-

CW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i understand you correctly then the problem lies in the way that you use used components. This is kind of complex scenario.

What happens is that there is no single instance of the child component at the runtime, instead more than one child component instance is created by the framework. You can verify that in the debug mode.

Solution is to make sure that the child component is created in the root component and passed to the underlying used components in a referencing mode.

saravanan_narayanan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Williams,

> From FPM Intial Screen of data is not passing to the second screen. Where as in other Steps data is passing.

I'm bit surprised to hear that this is working in other screens. As per the FPM concepts (my understanding), for the parent component that is used in child component, it will create a new instance and it wont re-use the instance of the Parent Component that is already embedded in the Initial Screen.

In your case, you have embeded the parent component in Initial Screen. So FPM framework will create a new instance at runtime. while navigating to the Main Step, since child component is using parent component, the FPM wont re-use the instance of parent component. Rather it will create a new instancs of parent component. Since new instance is created, the data entered in the previous step/screen wont be available. this behavior is same for all the steps.

anyway comming to your question and solution for the same.

1. In the child component, create another window (say PARENT_WINDOW) and embed the view that was exposed by the parent component (basically interface view of the parent component)

2. in the GAF component configuration, for the initial screen, embed the child component and view as PARENT_WINDOW

3. for the main step, embed the child component and view as acutal view of the child component.

Here same component is used in both the places. Now the FPM will try to reuse the instance of the child component. As a result, the data entered in the Initial screen will be available in the Main Step as well.

Other approach would be to use the singleton class and share the data between these two components.

Hope this solves your problem.

BR, Saravanan