SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecasting and replenishment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Please can someone explain the concept of forecasting and how it derives the replenishment requirements and followon documents ?

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please elaborate your question and be more specific.

1. Are you asking about SAP Forecasting & Replenishement and how it works.?

In any case

Forecasting - Based on masterdata, past consumption and various other factors, the system can be configured to calculate the future requirement and it can be reviewed

Replenishment - The forecast values can be used to create Purchasing documents to fulfil requirements.

This is not a detailed explanation, but a simple overview.

Request you to be more specific in asking the questions.

Regards,

Satish.

0 Kudos

Thank you Satish.

Yes, I want to know about the SAP forecasting and replenishment.

We are in a retail environment. I would like to know the master data setting what tcodes to run forecasting and replenishemnet. What does WWP1 does etc. They do seasonal forecasting here. and mostly manaual and consumption replenishment.

0 Kudos

you could run forecast in MM42 or MP30 or MP38 or MPBT.

0 Kudos

Hi,

was the answer from Satish sufficient?

I understand you are talking about the solution SAP Forecasting & Replenishment (SAP F&R) which is located in SAP SCM. In general SAP F&R needs to be fed with data from outside. That means master data (location products, supply network) is expected to be transmitted from the leading system of master data. Promotions, layout data, open orders etc. are expected to be transmitted from their leading systems of promotions, layout data and open orders etc. In case SAP ERP Retail is used the data transfer can be performed by standard interfaces. In a first step the data is transferred to interfaces in SAP F&R by using SAP ERP functionality (transaction codes mainly FRE01 and FRE02), in the second step the records in the interfaces are booked so that they become effective.

In SAP F&R a data enrichment needs to be performed. I. e. profiles, more master data attributes, demand influencing factor occurrences, procurement cycles,... need to be maintained. The FRP run executes forecasting, requirements calculation and requirements quantity optimization (use transaction SA38, programs either /FRE/UI_FRP_PROCESS_LOCATION or /FRE/FRP_MID_BASIC. Result is optimized order proposals. Those have to be released and then transferred to the leading system for orders (which can be SAP ERP Retail).

Kind regards, Rainer