cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC and ECC connectivity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i have successfully finished GRC addon installation, and RTAs on backend ECC system, but now i am looking for procedure to connect to backend ECC system, . could some one please help with the procedure and navigation.

regards

Kevin.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Further you need to configure the JCo connections where you will mention the backend system connection information. However, make sure you first have a communication user created in the backend system.

Check this PDF that may help you further:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a07b4cc8-1a57-2b10-1798-d2fec0684...

Best Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu Boddu

i am looking for steps in grc 10.0 . could you please refer anything in grc 10.0.

regards

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kindly refer SAP BPX for GRC .You have required document avaible there .

Thanks & Regards

Asheesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Refer the "Getting Started" documents here:

[original link is broken]

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

> i am looking for steps in grc 10.0 . could you please refer anything in grc 10.0.

Hi kevin

In GRC 10.0 you would need to create a RFC connection with teh backend ECC system. Please note that the name of teh rfc connection should be teh same as logical system name for the backend ECC system. Also a rfc needs to be created in ECC system pointing to the GRC system.

Thanks.

Anjan Pandey

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Once you have the RFC destination, you then need to follow through the configuration nodes under SPRO --> GRC --> Common Component Settings to configure the connector to be used on the different usage scenarios.

Without having identified the system in these additional areas, you may not be able to use them for the additional GRC functionality.

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also a rfc needs to be created in ECC system pointing to the GRC system.

Hi Anjan,

I've become aware of your response. For what issues do I need a connection from ecc to grc?

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Bernhard

Edited by: bernhard_L on Aug 10, 2011 7:42 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

> For what issues do I need a connection from ecc to grc?

Hi Bernhard

There will be jobs running which will fetch the data from the backend ECC system to the GRC system.

Let me know if there are any questions.

Thanks.

Anjan Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anjan,

thanks for you answer.

What roles should I assign the rfc-ecc user in the grc system? Any particular?

Thanks

Bernhard

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard,

Have you got the documentation on the BPX and SMP sites?

There is a getting started guide on BPX which takes you through these kind of questions.

[original link is broken]

Also, there is a security guide on SMP which provides information on the types of authorisations required.

http://service.sap.com/instguides

There is generally a default role which is shipped with the Plugins and that is required as a minimum. There may also be the requirement to pickup some of the authorisations from the Administrator roles as well as the S_RFC authorisations but that depends on your systems to a certain extent.

I hope this gets you started.

Simon